View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 11:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/191/125 Female 5ft 4in
BF:TOO/Mu/ch
Progress: 14%

I could not agree with you more Dave. People's remarks have a way of cutting to your bones, even though I know inside I should not let others attitudes affect me, they do.....what can I say..I'm human.
I have an aunt who reminds me of your cruel boss. I had lost almost 6 pounds at one point as was feeling invincibe, awesome, generally on a low carb high. I felt great. THEN...we saw my aunt at a dinner party, where she was telling my mother about her recent 10 lb weight loss (on WW). As sonn as I walked up to say hello she looks at me and says, "I've lost 10 lbs, but Bebe, look how fat you look!" Then she chuckled about it as pulled the dagger out of my heart and continued on with her conversation. I was so humiliated. My ballon had been popped. I could feel myself sinking with every heartbeat. It really hit me low.

I'm sure this aunt of mine has completely forgoten about her comment and I should have too. But ican't, it stays with me. I use it now though to motivate myself because as a matter of fact, she gained back her 10 lbs and some.....but I would never mention it...it's not worth her feeling like I did, too.