#1   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 11:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 369/303/220 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Peoples Comments Boon and bane

You know I love getting a "wow, you lost weight" comment when I haven't seen someone for a long time. Its not that I have to have this, but its kind of a reward, I could easily do without, I have strong self esteeme and don't need the puff, but I enjoy it when it happens.

On the other hand, Someone made the comment the other day about how well I did on Atkins and I should have stuck with it, because I did so well. I had to inform them that I never stopped and are still seeing losses. Though I am averaging about a pound a week, some weeks two, it felt as if it had all been for naught. Comment just took the wind from my sails.

I am not changing my lifestyle for back pats, but don't you just hate when they sweep your feet from under you.

Its amazing how someone can change how you feel. I had a boss that used to play a game he let me in on. He would take a woman from the front office, that might be on the heavy side, and for a week he would complement her on how much weight she lost even thought they hadn't really. After about a week of preening her, he would one day tell her in front of others (so he could get the most rise from the joke) that suddenly it looked like she had put it all back on, as if magically overnight. Sometimes he would get others in on the joke, it was like this cruel little game.

Yea he was a smuck, agreed.. But I was always at a impass, How could I tell them he was being cruel and were victims of a joke, as they were always so pumped up by the preening I hated to be the bad guy and be the one to crush them.

Most of his victems would smile him off, others though they new it was crap would still listen, but most everyone broke down at the end of the joke or became very humilated.

It was a very cruel thing, and he got extreme pleasure at it. Most of the other men either were indiffernt or chuckled along with the rest. There was a few of us, who were not amused, and let him know it, and is proably why we never got along to well.

But its amazing how much somones comments can be so harmful..
Sponsored Links