#2   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/162/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi princess65,

I am not sure what you mean when you say that you're "reactive hypoglycemic" ... nor exactly what you mean by "food combining".

My mother was diagnosed with hypoglycemia in the 1960's ... long before the medical profession generally even recognized the condition. At that time, the ONLY book out on the subject was one called Body, Mind and Sugar. It was, basically, a high protein, low carb diet ... and of course, Mom had to remove sugar entirely.

Even when she "stabilized" and could have more carbs/sugars ... she would generally half any sugar amounts called for in her recipes. So did I ... and it's really startling that when I had to lose weight, I chose Weight Watchers and didn't even THINK of the High Protein alternative. When WW didn't do what I needed it to do [I found I stalled short of my goal and stuck there!] ... I "gave up" and just recently began with high protein/low carbs.

I realize now, after only a little over a week [and down over 6 pounds] that I feel much better and I had become addicted to sugars/carbs.

Now ... is YOUR hypoglycemia the same as my mother's? A result of diet?

Also ... when you say "food combining" are you referring to that plan which says you should eat certain foods together ... and definitely not eat other foods together?

Good luck with your condition!

Mary