View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 09:46

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I have been diagnosed as hypo for 4-5 years. I have taken 50 mcg. of synthroid for that amount of time. I tried for most of those years to find a doc that would let me try Armour (natural) unsuccessfully. After TSPII came out and I read that Dr.S doesn't recommend Armour as she feels it is too packaged and not individualized enough.(my translation). I do find I feel my best now that a modern thinking endo that I started going to added 5-10 mcg. of cytomel (t3) to my daily dose and I started feeling at my peak and even lost a few more lbs. This is also what I understand Dr. S wrote about in TSPII for some Hashimoto patients.

I started about a year after diagnosis and being medicated searching for a way to lose weight to improve my health all the way around. I tried the Atkin's induction and lost the 'complimentary' 5 lbs., but continuing on it I started having the worst bought of energy loss I had ever had and trouble with constipation . So I tried calorie counting again and hated the 'writing down every little thing' , but found my energy level improved a little more, especially when making the selection of whole healthy foods.

I then went to Suzanne Somers somersizing and lost at least 15 + lbs. in about 3-4 months -- I continued with somersizing for about 3 more months and didn't lose any more , but did start having hair loss(I feel her level 1 was too restrictive for long term /health). I then decided I needed a little more balance and did not need to 'food combine'. Suzanne Somers had recommended that her readers read TSP, so I did and it made so much sense . I then started incorporating her ideas (Dr.S's) more and more. About a year ago I started using TSP as closely as I can ( I am not a saint) and lost a few more pounds and have kept it off.

As my energy levels increased over the years I have found that I am capable and even eager to engage in consistent almost daily(my body needs a day or so off) exercise. Something I couldn't possibly have done when first diagnosed and not eating a healthy, wholesome diet.

I think with hypo it may take a little longer and be a more intricate journey to lose weight and feel well (optimized meds from a good dr. are important), but it is possible, and I personally feel TSP I & II are very helpful in figuring it all out.