View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 08:42

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 238/193/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

Barb,
Its definately a scary step. I know because I was doing Atkins also and was terrified to change. I was stalled on atkins for over a month but had lost 17 lbs and was afraid Id gain it back and never be able to lose it again.

In my case it ended up breaking the Atkins stall and got me to 21 lbs within a week. Now nothing again for the last couple weeks bummer. I hate being a turtle.

Anyway, Alot of people do report an initial 3-4 pound weight gain from atkins when they change but everyone Ive seen report that said it was temporary and disappeared quickly (maybe water gain? ) So if you do dont get discouraged. CAD really does work. I know I couldnt believe it either.

As to time of day of he reward meal, Logically in my mind I would have to believe that RM midday would be ideal. The book seems to imply it doesnt matter but it just makes sense that the earlier in the day you eat all those calories and carbs the long they have time to burn so I think you are set up for optimal use of the program. Unfortunately most of us are at work midday and cant really get the full benefit of a midday reward meal.

Another observation. CAD seriously cuts appetite for alot of us and many of us only eat 2 meals a day. I would bet if you eat your rm during the day you wouldnt even be hungry for another CM at the end of the day . Nice benefit

If you choose to go with CAD good Luck!!
We will be here for ya.

Jadenlea