View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 23:47

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default I am getting there

You have to be a balanced low carber. You have to use wisdom and add a variety of meat and vegetables, oils/ fats, water and supplements. What the naysayers say is just not true. I have heard people say things against Atkins but there is no documentation to back it up. I heard this or so in so told me that. Even doctors will tell a patient what they heard or that it makes your cholesterol go way up. But after all of these years there must be something on paper that supports what they say. ANd if something does go hay wire there are many adjustments that can be made without labeling the diet as "bad".

I contacted a dietary/medical organization that said some negative things about the diet and I ask for documented proof, not words. I explained my concept of the diet ( balancing carbs results in balanced blood sugar ). I also asked how can I be developing liver damage when my cholestrol is perfect ( cholesterol is produced in the liver ). I also asked that isn't it the job of the gall bladder to digest fats? I am still waiting for a response form this organization.

There are many people, documented, who have been successful on this diet in more than one way. I have not yet lost the 25 lbs but I have lost 19 1/2 lbs ( I am getting there ). However, I have been successful because my cholesterols, lipids, and blood sugar are on the money. LCers don't sit in a corner eating meat and cheese. There are vegetarians who LC.

Just last year the American Heart Association discovered that Atkins is better at balancing blood glucose, fats and cholesterol levels than the AHA's diet. That is why Dr. Atkins was interviewed by Larry King in January 2003. The intro was recognizing that the doctor was right after all these years.

If I consumed thousands of carbohydrates no one would say anything about it. But consuming all of those carbs has contributed to my hypoglycemia and soon I would have become diabetic like my mom, yet no one would have anything to say about it. However, as soon as I began to lower my carbs naysayers came out of the woodwork.

This has been the only diet that has enabled me to lose weight. Lots of success here.

Black57