View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 23:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/178/180 Male 68''
BF:?/13%/10%
Progress: 102%

I am so glad you posted this! A few days ago, I asked a similar question in much more roundabout way. I have been LCing for about 8 months, successfully, but I am concerned that the weight loss has slowed to such an extent that somehow the body adjusts to this WOE differently from traditional low calorie dieting. I received several helpful posts about how to deal with stalls, plateaus, carb creep etc....But I would really like to hear from people affirming that if you stick with the program, you will continue to go down over time. I have become quite patient, and see this woe as a wol for the foreseeable future, but losing only a half a pound a week is not what I am looking for (of course I expect stalls and plateaus, I can live with that).

One of the attractive things about this WOE is the supposed metabolic advantage; this seems clear in the first couple of months. But is it possible that there is a metabolic disadvantage in the long term? I am a male, and I have always been able to lose weight effectively, either LCing or with traditional low calorie, lower fat eating; maybe now that I am pushing 40, my weight loss is significantly slower than in my 20's.

I am very interested to hear from those who have "gone all the way" with this woe, and also to hear from those who faced similar doubts and frustrations, and how they dealt with them. Thanks.