#4   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 14:21

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Sweet cheats

Hi again:

The crazy thing is that there were donuts in the office and I hadn't had one in so long plus they had chocolate on top. It wasn't a "hunger" thing for me, it was seeing it then wanting it! And I am not even a "donut" person. I used to eat sweets two or three times a day - it was absolute torture if we didn't have something sweet for dessert every night. After eating this way I find that most of the treats I used to love (red licorice was one of them, for example) are now too sweet and I no longer enjoy the taste of them as I once did. Most of the time I am able to say to myself "is this the way you want to spend your sweet treat carbs, on ??? - or is it worth cheating on the diet for this" and most of the time it isn't, I'd rather have a piece of good chocolate. I will allow myself a good piece of chocolate every so often and if I am wanting a sweet taste then I chew a piece of sugarless gum and I find I am satisfied. I had to learn my food triggers to curb my emotional eating. This is one area I have been researching and working on. My hubby likes oatmeal raisin cookies so we keep those in the house for him but they do nothing for me so I never cheat by eating them.

I too was addicted to the caffeine in coffee but got off it a few years ago. It was tough!