View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 12:34

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 104/114/99 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -200%
I have found that I do fine if I can resist the first bite. If I eat one bite, then it's over and all that is there will not be soon. The hardest times are at family gatherings, Christmas time, birthdays. I try to have some sort of substitute low-carb thing around to eat later after the gathering is over. That promise that I am getting SOMETHING later seems to help. I also try to get as much of the tempting treats out of the house as quickly as possible. The temptation is greatest when it is looking at me! I think I will always be addicted to sweets. Although my addiction has evolved from the tablespoons of sugar and bags of Halloween candy I ate as a child to now more pastry-based ones of coconut cream pie, I have sweets so wrapped up in feelings of comfort and family that I know it will always be hard. If I really feel like I deserve a treat (Santa's Christmas Cookies, etc.), I will wait til there is only one left and then eat it so I can't binge on it. Same with my passion, coconut cream pie--I'll only get one piece on my birthday and fight my husband for every bite. These strategies work pretty well for me.

Tig