#2   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 12:25

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Feeling guilty about eating fat

Hi:

I can totally relate to what you are going thru. I read TSP on a plane trip coming home. I came into the house and disposed of all my low-fat (no-taste) food as suggested in the book. Then I restocked with healthy fats etc. like suggested. But the first morning I went to eat eggs and put a tsp. of real butter into the pan, I had sooooo many doubts and this "alarm" system went off in my head. I almost backed out! But luckily I didn't.

I too felt guilty about eating ANY kind of fat; drinking full fat milk and using real whipping cream in my (decaf) coffee in the morning. I was sure I was going to look like a whale within a month. But I didn't. I sooooo enjoyed the taste of the food I was eating and the way I was feeling that I/we stuck with the plan. The most difficult thing for me to give up was sugar. If I am going to cheat - it will be with a sweet treat!

Unlike others I/we (we being hubby & myself) have not gained any weight. In fact I have lost 17 pounds total (since last July) - but have gained 5 back when I went off the program and downed lots of white-flour, sweet treats one entire week.

You have to un-learn the low-fat brainwashing way of thinking and shut off that little voice in your head that causes the guilt - I had to and honestly it has been worth it.

Hope this helps or answers your question. I am happy you wrote about this because I thought I was the only one that felt the same way you are describing.