Old Sun, May-04-03, 16:36

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaillean
Hi Meagan,

If you're not one for the extras like coffee, cream, etc, you will definitely have carbs leftover to spend. I'm like that, too.

Eating more veggies is an excellent way to get in more carbs. Dr. Atkins said there is no real advantage to keeping carbs super low. So go ahead and eat another cup or two of veggies to get your totals up. You may just find your losses speed up again.

I sure the heck hope so. I really wondered if having averages under 15g per day could be affecting me. Hell I even ate a no-no meal and dessert last Friday night and the scale STILL didn't budge. I'm almost wondering if i'm at one of those weights my body liked for a long time and it wants to stay here. lol

I really want to add some fruits but I am afraid the sugar might either make me crave or stall. What fruits would be best to start out with (in small portions)? I'm DREAMING of strawberries and whipped cream (from heavy cream, of course!).

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaillean

Try a wider variety of veggies, too. In my opinion, it's really important not to get bored on this WOE to help stave off the cheats. There are lots of super vegetables.

I have been meaning to, but honestly I am nowhere near sick of the veggies I eat. I LOVE my veggies. It's the best part of my meals! I guess this may be attributed to the fact that I was NOT a veggie (other than potatoes of course) prior to this WOL. However I will pick up different kinds every now and then. Hell, I NEVER ate zucchini before this WOE, so it a sense it is all new to me!

I'll be honest and say that I've not even been tempted to cheat. I don't miss my old WOE, but I've noticed it's not as fun/easy when I'm not losing steadily.

Thanks!

= Meagan