View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 09:17

Plan: PP / Atkins
Stats: 275/215/170 Female 5'8
BF:too much/26%
Progress: 57%

I hope I don't come across as rude... but is 3kg really such a big deal in the greater scheme of things? Most people tend to find that their body has a few kg range which it is comfortable in and you fluctuate between them.

The Atkins book suggests that if you want to follow his plan and don't need to lose any weight you should start off at about 60g of carbs per day from natural sources such as berries and whole grains.. not fake chocolate (although I keep on getting stuck on the chocolate myself )

Give it a little while longer, your body will get used to eating differently and will settle down all by itself at a weight it thinks is ideal, it just might not be a round number

Apple Cider Vinegar is great stuff - just keep an eye on the total carb count for the mayo.. most of the sugar free/"acceptable" brands have *less* than 1-2g carbs per serve.

Can't help you much on the bacon though, I've never really considered the small amounts of sugars/nitrates to be a huge problem.. but I don't eat it everyday