View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 05:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 160/150/115
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default blood pressure

I purchased a digital BP monitor and I check mine at home - since it is usually elevated in a doctor's office - the white coat hypertension thing. I would think for an accurate reading, one needs a quiet place and to not be distracted. Your pressure seems fine though, and you may have not been sitting long enough the first couple of times - if you walked a ways or up stairs, the pressure will be higher, than if you have rested a few minutes. It also has a lot to do with what you have eaten - carbs always raise my numbers. When I am low carbing and not eating any refined sugar, my pressure is quite normal at 115/65. Had you eaten too much starch? Though your numbers still seem normal. Also, I do not know why - but when I am first coming off sugar (I have tried this program many times - I have addiction problems - and am now in my 7th day "again" and hopefully for the last time, of being off refined sugar), I find that in my 2nd or 3rd day of withdrawals from sugar, my BP goes up to about 130/75 - due to withdrawals or my body releasing triglycerides into the blood stream - I'm not sure why - and this sometimes has caused doubt on my part and thinking that the fat and protein in my diet has caused a rise in my BP - and probably why I go off the plan. But with sticking to low carbing, this rise in BP corrects itself and falls into the normal range and stays there - even with lots of fat in my diet.

Hope this helps.

Denise