View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 04:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 369/303/220 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 44%

Actually I have notice a few.. when I eat below 20 for a long period of time (takes a month or two to get to this point) I get to a point where I get cold really easy and have a hard time keeping warm. I also sometimes get tired easy and feel kind of yucky in the morning. If I keep my carbs between 20 to 40, I feel great and all these side effects go away. But I think its a personal thing, depending on weight and body design.

I think some run great on 10 a day, and others need 30. I have heard that on some people if there isn't enough carbs to go around the body will stunt its own weight loss, thinking its starving. I go by this rule, If I start to feel cold (thats usually the first sign) I add carbs slowly to my day. When the feeling goes away, I found my comfortable floor of carb level not to go under.

I bet there are some who this doesn't apply, but I believe you need a little carbs just to grease the wheels and for body function. How much depends on you, you just need to play around..

If your getting cold easy, and you are taking all your vitamins correctly, that is usually a sign..

IMHO
Dave..