Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Combining low carb programs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=99187)

qwert Wed, Apr-16-03 13:13

Combining low carb programs

Has anyone tried combining different low carb programs?

I am currently combining Atkins and Somersizing which is basically Atkins with Food combining.

Has anyone tried the Fat flush plan and has anyone combined it with another plan?

Thanks!
qwert

lkonzelman Wed, Apr-16-03 13:24

I tried combining CAD and Atkins for the holidays but it didn't work for me. CAD was great for big holiday meals but I wanted coffee and sweetners in the morning and snacks throughout the day.

I was very happy to go back to Atkins and just have a high carb meal occassional.

Just my perspective.

Skamito Wed, Apr-16-03 13:29

Interesting question. I don't see how those programs in combination would present any problems, though I'm not that familiar with Somersizing. Would the idea be Atkins OWL as opposed to induction? I could see the idea of trying Somersizing with carb restrictions. I think she allows a lot more carbs (whole grains, etc.) with her program, right? If you eat Atkins allowed foods, count carbs, and eat meals with the combining principles I wouldn't imagine you'd have any problems.

Keep us posted! :)

AmberAA1 Thu, Apr-17-03 17:56

Hi Qwert, I just finished FF plan and plan on going back on it in about a week or two. I really liked it and after you get a routine down it is quite easy to follow. Just some planning and a commitment is all it takes. There is also a CAD version of FF that Zules made for people who are carb addicts and may have problems with the Gittlemans version. I had success on both of them. The CAD version is alot easier to follow. If you need any further information on either plan just let me know.

Rosebud Thu, Apr-17-03 18:59

Quote:
There is also a CAD version of FF that Zules made for people who are carb addicts and may have problems with the Gittlemans version.

I hate to sound like a nag here, but Anne Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan is an excellent low carb plan, and therefore highly suitable for people addicted to carbs. I would strongly advise you follow the plan by the book rather than attempting another member's own version of it.

Most people on this site are addicted to carbs, not just those following the CAD plan.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

lawoman Fri, Apr-18-03 13:08

Encouraged

Hi Everyone.

I have ordered the FF book and the unsweetened cranberry juice as well as the suggested supplements. My plan is to go exactly by the book as I am feeling I need much more structure this time around than I am getting from Atkins. I like the fact that she ,Gittleman, addresses women's issues and I have a lot of hope for success,esp. now that I have gotten some positive feedback from the posts here.Thank you to all of you who posted and a Blessed Easter to all of you.

Linda