Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What is the WORST low-carb bar you've had? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95517)

wylloe Sun, Mar-30-03 17:12

What is the WORST low-carb bar you've had?

Just thought I would add this fun & informative thread. It's good to find out from others what tastes good and what tastes like someone's old shoe!!! :p I was inspired by the Atkins pancake thread.

The very worst bar I've ever had was by Atkins (so upset because the products were usually good). When they first came out with their breakfast bars that were to taste like muffins. Of course, absolutely loving blueberry muffins...I just had to try. OMG!!! They use - or did use - fish oil or something like it. I had this horrible film in my mouth after just one bite - threw the thing away after that. The taste in my mouth made ketosis breath seem wonderful!!!!! :Puke:

Wylloe

Catmom Sun, Mar-30-03 17:34

Had to laugh when I saw his thread. They all are terrible - after a few months of trying them and spending way too much money on them I gave up and don't ever eat them.

AmyTN Sun, Mar-30-03 17:45

I tried a lemon chiffon non atkins brand once. It was so nasty not only did I spit it out, I won't even try the Atkins Brand; it scarred me for life. A close 2nd was the Atkins Almond Brownie- tastes like chalk and unknown other digusting ingredients. Anyone who bakes brownies that taste like that should never be allowed in a kitchen again!
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne

theresa113 Sun, Mar-30-03 18:19

Atkins Lemon Poppy seed breakfast bar. The only good thing can think of is that maybe they would make pretty bricks. They are bitter and nasty tasting. Eeww Yuck!

shama Sun, Mar-30-03 18:43

:D

Pretty funny thread!! Made me chuckle! I totally agree with you guys, the blueberry and lemon poppyseed are appalling!!! :thdown: I found that the cinnamon bun ones are good with a hot cup of coffee for a fast breakfast. I have to admit I havent bought them recently, but remember that they were pretty tasty! Dont be afraid to try those ones..

faeriegirl Sun, Mar-30-03 18:50

I have to agree that the Atkins almond brownie is one of the most retchid things i have ever put in my mouth. The texture is awful!! The other ones i have tried have been coated with some fake chocolatey substance which i think distracts from the grossness of the actual bar - the almond brownie doesn't have that coating... bleh *shivers just thinking about it*

wylloe Sun, Mar-30-03 20:29

Cinnamon bun, eh????

Ok, shama....I'm going to give the cinnamon bun flavor a try. I actually saw online that they had those only today...but was scared to death to even try to comprehend the flavor :daze:

Just remember, shama....I know where you post!!! :devil:

Larix Sun, Mar-30-03 20:39

I've tried a few brands and thought that all of them were awful! Last time I thought I'd be smart and ask the clerk at GNC which one is best and most "food-like"... he told me that none of them are very edible. :p At least he was honest and I didn't waste my money trying one of each brand! I think I'll stick to real food...

Avengeance Sun, Mar-30-03 20:56

I havent had a bad one yet.. as I said in another thread.. a lot of people buy these things thinking itll be like a Snickers bar or something. If you go into it thinking like that your doomed from the beginning.

I like them all.. Ive only tried the Atkins brand bars, cookies N cream, almond brownie, chocolate peanut crunch, chocolate mocha crunch, chocolate rasberry, pralines and cream, chocolate decadence, and smores.

If I had to pick one that I didnt like the most Id have to say the almond brownie but its not like I wont ever eat one again.

Then again.. this comes from someone that actually likes Power Bars. :D

Wannabeski Sun, Mar-30-03 20:58

I've tried the Atkins Almond Brownie and thought it was good compared to CarbSolutions peanut butter bar.. It was absolutely terrible! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DON'T TRY IT PLEASE! :thdown:

Skamito Sun, Mar-30-03 21:09

EAS bars... I had a blueberry and yick!

I like a lot of the Atkins bars though. Coconut, Peanutbutter, and S'mores are all pretty decent in my opinion. :)

spongebutt Sun, Mar-30-03 21:20

ALL the Atkins Advantage bars are disgusting.

They left a filmy taste in my mouth.

I felt like I ate toe cheese or something. :Puke:

wylloe Sun, Mar-30-03 21:39

yuck

toe cheese????? ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

VickyRenee Sun, Mar-30-03 21:46

I have to say they are all nasty!! :wave:

toeie Sun, Mar-30-03 21:52

Did someone say toe????? hehehe

I like the Atkins advantage bars, almond brownie, and Mocha are my fav! Not allowed, but i have a half here and there! Bad me!!!!! :nono: :nono: :nono: