Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   long shot...Idaho??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95485)

denali Sun, Mar-30-03 09:04

long shot...Idaho???

I know this is a long shot, but anyone out there in Idaho?

Have you found any great stores for lowcarb stuff???

ejc Thu, Oct-02-03 19:54

Hi, I'm in Boise but I'm new to LCing so I haven't found any stores yet. There are a few things at Fred's, Rite Aid and even Albertsons but not a big selection..mostly shakes and the candy. Have you found any? I looks like you've done good on the program. You should be an expert by now. :-) This is my 3rd week and I feel great. I lost 5 pds the first week but that was about it. Hopefully this week will be better. I'll let you know if I find any good stores. EJ

tofi Thu, Oct-02-03 20:12

Just my humble opinion: why not try just eating the things that are on Atkins' Induction List? All are "ordinary foods". Neither one of you wants to lose much to be at goal (compared to many people on this forum). It would be so much better to learn to eat real foods to maintain your loss instead of eating the 'LC substitutes" or commercial products that reinforce a "need" for sweets and starches. As I said: just my humble opinion. JMHO

ejc Thu, Oct-02-03 20:27

Barb, You are absolutely right and that is exactly what I've been doing. I've been keeping and eye out for LC items (i.e. pancake mix, meal replacement bars ) mostly as a treat or for when I can't pack a lunch. I did buy the Atkins corn muffins not paying attention to how high the carbs were and ended up freezing them for a later time. I'd rather eat 8g of vegies than one muffin. :-) Do you have any desert ideas that are legal on induction?

bsh Sat, Nov-22-03 21:36

There is a low carb store on Overland. I don't know the name of it. It is on the north side between Curtis and Cole. You can also get low carb stuff at Bodybuilding.com on Milwaukee

Colleenski Mon, Aug-02-04 16:02

Hi There, I'm just getting back on the bandwagon today. When I had started in 2002, the stores had'nt caught on yet. But I noticed that even Winco is carrying lc tortillas now.

Miss Model Wed, Aug-18-04 08:01

Idaho? no You da ho

Hello fellow Idahoans. I've been on Atkins on and off for nearly a year. When I first began the ONLY place that had any LC products was Fred Meyer, and you had to literally SCOUT out the entire store. No one knew what Atkins was.

Now there's not a problem. I've found some AMAZING LC food selections at Walgreens.. there's one out by Where the Old TJ MAXX used to be, across the street from Winco. And there's another on Apple Street, across from the Albertson's.

But there are a lot od places now that have LC food. Honestly, whenever I eat that stuff I either gain a few lbs, or I just won't lose. I call that stuff "Chemical candy" :) Because really, thats what it is. Most of it hurts my stomach, but when youre craving something sweet, it does the trick.

Also, if any of you have ever been to the CO OP... they have some LC waffles, little packaged cheese cakes with only 2 grams, and some other treats, but you kind of have to search in there. Anyhow, good luck!