Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Binge Dilemma (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94812)

Laczkoskie Thu, Mar-27-03 01:34

The Binge Dilemma

:q: Here is the big question. :q:

Why is it when you reach a dry spell, no loss, no gain, no nothing, the urge to binge overtakes your will not to? (I guess if we really know the answer to that one no one would would be here. lol!)

Anyone know what the best way to curb the urge is? :rolleyes:

Ciao..(should have spelt it "chow" 'cause that seems to be what I've been doing too much of!~) Mary Lacz

tofi Thu, Mar-27-03 01:53

I know what you mean. A thought that crosses my brain is:

Oh, what the H...! It's not working, I might as well eat what I want.
But you never know if those 'carb thoughts' aren't the body's last gasping try at getting you to eat carbs or else it is going to have to lose some fat. So I try to resist.

When you crave carbs, you can drink a glass of water and eat the nearest protein that you can grab. They usually go away when you eat protein.

If they come on a regular basis & are mostly for sweets, try taking L-glutamine supplements.

I also think it's important to keep up the water intake. I have read that you body can't shift the fat if there's not enough water coming in to flush out the by-products.

Keep the faith & you'll shrink.

:wave:

lucyr Thu, Mar-27-03 02:59

I have been there many many many times. I agree with the water and protein answer.

But, what really gets me through (most of the time LOL) is the thought..'What is the alternative to keeping going? Eating as I did before? Getting fatter and less healthy?? Having to start all over again?? I may not be losing but I am not gaining, and that has to be a plus. I am in this for the long haul, not the instant results.' And then I look at my nice smaller jeans and am grateful for progress so far.

Keep the faith

KoKo Thu, Mar-27-03 05:35

Go Naked!!!!

Try this - look in the mirror at your naked body - if you like it go ahead and eat the bad food. If not remember that eating the bad food will not help the situation - put your clothes back on and go have some protein :D

Shelley J Thu, Mar-27-03 10:09

...sigh...

I love GUMMY BEARS :bash: :tears:

Laczkoskie Thu, Mar-27-03 22:55

Hey everyone!

that's what I love about this forum...everyone is so helpful!! I had such a bad week I wanted to throw in the towel so to speak. I was on the go so much I wanted to let the air out of my tires! I couldn't get focused and boy did I laugh when you said "Go naked" LOL!

And yes, I too am in this for the long haul...thanks for the encouragement. I did ok today...what do they say.."one day at a time!" Thanks for being there. Mary

Laczkoskie Thu, Mar-27-03 22:58

hey Shelly...I was reading a post somewhere for a recipe on making GUMMY STUFF ala low carb. If I can find it Ill post it to your journal or here. Maybe someone knows where it was. It is too late for me to go there now. Mary.

csj Fri, Mar-28-03 12:08

Quote:
I love GUMMY BEARS

No! No! They look cute, but they are from the Dark Side. Back, evil Gummys, Back!

luddybell Sun, Mar-30-03 04:43

gummy bears are my weakness also :'( and the homemade gummies dont float my boat b.c they are nasssssssssssty lil blobs...

BarbCA Sun, Mar-30-03 07:48

There are SF Gummy bears made. Saw them in a candy store in a mall. I didn't try them 'cause I don't like Gummy bears.

RCFletcher Sun, Mar-30-03 08:00

What are 'gummy bears'? Are they a sweet made of gelatine? - Is so they should be easy enough to make.
Robert

P.S. We have 'jelly babies' in England - I wonder if they are similar?

rebsee Sun, Mar-30-03 10:04

We can get gummy bears in the UK - I think Haribo make them and you can get them in old fashioned sweet shops with big jars along the back wall *sigh*...
They're not like the jelly baby filth (Yuck!), they're chewier - did you ever eat the concentrated jelly cubes (The ones you melt in hot water to make jelly) when you were a kid? They have that sort of consistency - much chewier than jelly babies.

Laczkoskie Mon, Mar-31-03 22:29

I don't like gummy bears either. They are hard to bite through. Would like to make them for Easter though for the kids. How did we get on the subject of gummy bears. :lol: