Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Stillman Anyone? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94586)

RobinMarie Tue, Mar-25-03 20:09

Stillman Anyone?

Hello People...
I was just wondering if anyone else is doing the Stillman plan?
I have been on it since August and have lost 107 pounds so far. I plan on staying on it another 20 pounds and then pulling back to give my skin time to shrink up.

One year ago I was 330!!

I made a page showing my loss and telling about the Stillman plan incase anyone is interested . Please feel free to check it out!!

~My Low Carb Life~

Thanks!!
Robin

bigguyjonc Tue, Mar-25-03 21:17

wow!!

wow that's incredible! You've done great. I looked at your page. The stillman diet does have alot of similarities to atkins except for the lack of veggies which scares me a little. Also the part i like best about atkins is the fat. lol

Please don't take away my mayo and cheese!

Jon :rose:

geel Tue, Mar-25-03 22:44

Wow

Congratulations you must feel great! But I question why no veggies? Does this plan offer some type of maintanance after the loss? Sorry to ask questions that maybe answered on your site. I looking forward to exploring your site when I have some more time. Good Luck to you Ellen

KoKo Wed, Mar-26-03 06:58

Congrats on such a great loss. Thanks for the Stillman page, that's a great plan and the book is out of print now. :)

BarbCA Wed, Mar-26-03 07:36

You're doing a wonderful job in the weight loss department. Great web site, too. Guess I worry a bit about your lack of veggies but if it works for you and you feel good, go for it.

Pat S. Wed, Mar-26-03 13:23

Robin you have done a wonderful job :) Thank you for letting me visit you and learn about Stilman. I have one question like the others I worry about veggies. You look great it sure works for you. Pat S

geel Wed, Mar-26-03 14:35

another question

Robin
what type of exercise do you do???????Thanks Ellen

Seto Kaiba Wed, Mar-26-03 15:04

WTG Robin!!!
I love doing Stillmans (I keep bouncing back and forth between that and Atkins :lol: )
You look great! Thanks for sharing! :)

RobinMarie Wed, Mar-26-03 18:24

Thank you!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone and thank you for your replys.

Like i mention on my page I do not follow Stillman strictly. I do add in a few veggies, lowest carb ones I can find. I also take vitamins daily. I have been under a doctors care through out this weightloss for other reasons and she has kept an eye on my health and has no complaints. She is very proud of me and only has praises.

As for exercising. I walk a few times a week when it is not raining and so light weight work out. I know I need to do more it just seems i always have something else going on :-)

Thanks again for the wonderful things you all said.

Have a nice day!
Robin

DuPont Mon, Mar-31-03 16:07

yeah

I've been doing a version of stillman and atkins for about a week now, and I'm loving it. I think the simplicity of the plan is what attracts me the most. You really don't have many options, so I haven't counted carbs all week, and I have stayed in Ketosis.

Breakfast was 2 cups of coffee with just a bit of cream to lighten and a very little bit of stevia (can't give it up and now I don't have to) 4 slices of bacon.

Lunch- 2 fried eggs, 2 oz cheese, 2 slices of ham.

Snack- 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/cinnamon & stevia

Dinner- Hamburger w/romaine lettuce & blue cheese dressing

Bloom Tue, May-13-03 22:18

Congratulations and well done on your progress
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Thanks for sharing your story so far, hope we're going to get updates :)

gotbeer Tue, May-13-03 22:31

Why not walk in the rain? - If you are avoiding sugars, then I promise you that you won't melt!

Anyway, very well done on the weight loss!! Keep it up!

RCFletcher Wed, May-14-03 01:43

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss. I had a look at your pictures - what a difference.

I tried stillmans for 4 days to break a stall (on Atkins) and I lost nearly a pound a day (I can't say I actually enjoyed it though).

Well done,
Robert

P.S. Nice web page! I've joined the Stillmans support group - thanks. :thup: