Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Martini...come on (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92793)

eva123 Sun, Mar-16-03 14:09

Martini...come on

Tell me ..
well, why would you click on a thread called MARTINI....

Just kidding..tell me... what is the carb count in Martini? I asked this question in another thread but thought about starting a fresh one....
I prefer white Martini (as opposed to red or pink) but remember that it does taste sweet (I have not had a single drop since I started LC, i.e. January 2003)

Thanks.................

:q:

1busymomma Sun, Mar-16-03 14:37

Re: Martini...come on

Quote:
Originally posted by eva123
Tell me ..
well, why would you click on a thread called MARTINI....

:q:

LOL, I have no idea but that was funny.

Rosebud Sun, Mar-16-03 15:02

Hi Eva,

There's a count for martinis in this list of beverages from Low Carb Friends.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Yesican Sun, Mar-16-03 15:27

And here I thought it was going to be happy hour in here.
:)

1busymomma Sun, Mar-16-03 15:42

LOL!!!! :D

eva123 Mon, Mar-17-03 07:10

Thank you <b>Rosebud</b>
oh my god...this cannot be true... :hyper: so few carbs....what is the stuff made of anyway?!

I see that Martini has less than 5 carbs for one LITRE...ok, that is (I think) 33 1/2 fl. oz for you North Americans out there!!!

I does taste so sweet though.... good to know.. I do not drink much but this is one drink I enjoy... plus the sweet white wine (Asti) ..but cannot have that, can I..? :cry:

<b>1busymamma</b>....taking some time off to check the forum and how to get some virtual Martini I see.... :devil:

<b>Yesican</b>...you know it can easily become Happy Hour..... beware of what you wish for :daze:

Ciao :wave:

Ashtaroth Mon, Mar-17-03 09:39

Pink martini?

Hi,

I was a little confused my your mention of liking white martinis rather than red or pink and suspect you might be confusing a regular martini with the sweeter more exotic drinks masquareding as "martinis" that are basically just sweet drinks served in martini glasses.

Normally a martini is nothing more than vodka or gin mixed with vermouth and a garnish (olive or lemon twist). They are pretty much solid alcohol which is why the carbs are so low.

Hope this helps,
Ashtaroth

eva123 Mon, Mar-17-03 09:55

Thanks Ashtaroth.

Here, we do get Martini in different types, in their very specific bottles: tall, not perfectly round bottle

Martini Rosso
Martini Bianco (my favourite)
Martini Rosé

here is what it looks like Martini bottle

Is Martini originally the name of a cocktail? I did not know that....

Ashtaroth Mon, Mar-17-03 11:22

Ahhhhhh, now I understand!

I assumed the martini listed on the website carb count probably meant a martini cocktail, but I could easily be wrong. I would think that a list for the Martini brand drink would probably be listed as sweet vermouth.

By the way,
Thanks for the Martini Bottle link! After looking at it I think I've found the reason why the martini cocktails I make at home didn't have that yummy slightly vanillia flavour I tasted at a bar that made amazing martinis, I was using the "dry" instead of the "white".

-Ashtaroth

eva123 Mon, Mar-17-03 14:59

all this discussion about Martini martiniiii martiniiiiii

I'll be searching the web...still not convinced now...thanks to you!!!

Ashtaroth,

By the way, did you say you had those bottles I am referring to where you are?..

Glad i could help with your home made alcoholic concotion...will you change the way you make them then....

See you! :wave:

KoKo Mon, Mar-17-03 17:22

Eva,

I think you mean vermouth the dry vermouth that goes IN the martini, I know the brand Martini and Rossi Vermouth, the red is sweet the white is dry. I got so excited at the title of the thread :roll: I did not check out the counts but check now in your carb counter for wine-vermouth and you should find it.