Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Health (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   how do you lose when on BC (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92083)

lizola21 Wed, Mar-12-03 21:29

how do you lose when on BC

Hi there,
hopefully someone can help me cause i'm struggling like no tomorrow...about 2 years ago i went on the pill (Alessa) but prior to that i lost 25 lbs :) , now that i'm on the pill i've lost 7lbs :( and struggling and very upset. I read on Atkins website that birth control will slow down your success. Does anybody have any advice that i can take to my doctor when i go to see him in a couple of months? :confused: I'm not a big exercise person but have started up again. Need any and all advice how to lose weight while on birth contol pills.
Thanks

:doah:

kjturner Thu, Mar-13-03 05:18

BC's basically do the same thing to your body as what normally occurs during the post-ovulation (which is the two weeks in which I don't lose weight!) So I guess the weight stall is hormone related. I would assume that weight loss would take place, just slowly. I'd suggest just go ahead with the diet plan and be very patient. It's really better to lose slowly anyway because it'll allow your skin to 'catch up' with the weight loss--thereby eliminating the 'bat wing' syndrome on the arms and sagging neck skin. And stay off the darned scale! Measure yourself instead. Don't forget water weighs more than fat does, but takes up less space. I would think the BC's would possibly make you retain water a bit.

cre8tivgrl Thu, Mar-20-03 11:55

Be patient. I struggled more when I was on the Depo shot. It's frustrating I know, but you'll have to find the balance.

((Hugs))

lizola21 Thu, Mar-27-03 21:52

So Shelley, you had the Depo shot, are you still on a BC? or still on Depo? What did you do to combat the fact that when you're on a BC, the weight almost doesnt fall off????

Cher422 Thu, Mar-27-03 22:45

BC pills

I take BC pills and I initially lost 24# in about 6 weeks or so. Now I have puttered out, but think that may be due to stress and too many peanuts. I've remedied that as best I can, and hope to be losing soon. Not sure what my weight is at the moment b/c I don't like to weigh during TOM b/c it's always higher. So, anyway, the big thing that I do is DRINK, DRINK, DRINK. Tons of water. I generally drink atleast 4 liters of water/day.

hope this helps.

-cher

BeccaResRN Thu, Mar-27-03 23:46

Hello

I take Depo and have for about a year and I lose OK but if I go off I can gain wonderfully...a pound a day sometimes. I don't know anything to make you lose better while on hormonal medications like BC pills nad depo...but for me the need to not have another baby....I gain 60 pounds with each preg and I totally have my hands full with these kidos I have now.

Do maybe I'll get my tubes tied but until then I'll just stay on Depo

Bye Ya