Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New Atkins?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90416)

HEAVEN Tue, Mar-04-03 15:05

New Atkins??

:wave:Hi everyone! I am new here. I have done the atkins diet about 2 years ago, and did pretty good with it, until vacation time, and I fell off and never started again. I bought the book,just before the new one came out. :( I just came from the Atkins site, where I was looking at induction menus....wow lots of changes! I remember induction as being eggs, meat, cheese, small salads, and some veggies. Now he has the shakes and some bran-a-crisp crackers. Has he raised the number so carbs per day? Is this the way you all do induction? What other changes are in the New Atkins? Thanks to all of you, for being here to answer the questions from newbies like me.

lkonzelman Tue, Mar-04-03 15:12

20 carbs a day

Hi and welcome back.

This is a list of the allowed induction foods to get you REstarted. Please read the book though.

Please also avoid all the packaged lc foods until after induction.

And now remember 2-3 cups of mandatory veggies. Good for you and weightloss.

All the best.

blatla Tue, Mar-04-03 15:14

Ummm....no...induction is still the way you remember it. Atkins has lots of products out there that you can add in later (but regular food is really better!). A lot of people have found that the shakes and bars stall their weightloss (aside from being ridiculously expensive) so I'm staying away from them. Check out the section at the Atkins website "Induction 101"...it'll refresh you on how to get started.

Good luck!

Tricia

Dingo10520 Tue, Mar-04-03 15:14

Hi Heaven and WELCOME to the best forum on the web.

From what I can see in other peoples' posts, most of us start out with the old style induction. It seems like so many people who try those new Atkins prepared foods have trouble getting going or have digestive upsets. I'd stick with the basics for the induction period and watch those pounds roll off before trying anything fancy. Just my opinion, of course.

You also have to keep in mind the the Atkins site is trying to sell their products and make $$$.

You've made a great decision and I look forward to reading about your success.

Sue

HEAVEN Tue, Mar-04-03 15:31

Boy you guys are fast!! I was afraid you all would say to stick to the old induction way. LOL Here is where I seen the menus and he also has the diet jello/whipped cream in there. here I do remember that when I could start to add in some of the other foods, I hit a stall. OK I will stick with the allowed foods on the list, and leave the jello alone for now. I also used to make a desert with cream splenda and cream cheese? and freeze it into muffin cups. I cant find the recipe....anyone make something like this? (After induction of course) LOL guess I am craving some sweets!

red1cutie Tue, Mar-04-03 18:19

Welcome Heaven. Good Luck!! See you around the forum.

Peace
red

janny Tue, Mar-04-03 19:59

Welcome heaven,

You will find lots of support, tips and knowledge in this forum. Not to mention-fantastic ideas for how to make delicious. Good luck with induction.

Yes, there have been alot of changes since the very first book came out and personally I think the money spent on the new book was well worth the price.

Jan :wave: