Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   pinch me! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90380)

redawn Tue, Mar-04-03 11:36

pinch me!

another week and another two pounds gone. Effortlessly. Sure I am doing Curves and sure I am sticking to the low carb reality. But that it is actually happening. That I am actually doing it! To understand how amazing this is. . .I need to take you back. . .

6 yrs ago I was a SAHM with three children under 5, no drivers licenses and my only friend was a woman whom I'd meet at the play ground in walking distance from my house. My life was one small block in one small town in the middle of a small state in New England. Then we moved to a small city. . .I started attending church. . .

got my drivers license. . .have had several articles published in a magazine on my art, my art has been featured in a book, I do demo's for the company that makes the clay I use in my art. . .and for the last year I have been doing solo singing and quartet singing. And I have a small part in a musical.

That was all pretty amazing to me. . .but this loosing weight thing. . .I figured finish my college degree and have grandkids before I ever lost weight. My Dad died fat. I know he felt less than because of his weight. And I know my weight bothered him. He was worried for my sake (mostly that my mate would abandone me. . .made me sad for my Dad. . .my dh and I are buddies. . .weight, no weight, we are togther)

at this point it is so hard not to put ones eggs all in one basket. . .I imagine suprising my brother. . .my in-laws. . .okay. . .that is a year away. . .for now I will be happy for the two more pounds lost. And try to remember the dance rotine for the musical. . .step right, step left, step right. . .redawn:)

gladehaven Tue, Mar-04-03 11:48

:thup: Good for you!

Doesn't it feel wonderful????

I know that amazed feeling. I was beginning to think I would never ever lose weight, and I've lost 5 pounds in six days and a whole INCH off my waist!

Dingo10520 Tue, Mar-04-03 12:20

Gosh, redawn, you have a whole new life! And now you're gonna have a new, healthy energetic body to go with it!

:roll: WAY TO GO GIRL :roll:

LittleAnne Tue, Mar-04-03 12:51

Redawn reborn

Hi Redawn

Your progress of 18 pounds in under 2 months is great. I can appreciate that you are feeling good. Its amazing when week after week the scales move downwards.

You have broadened your horizons so much and I am sure that this weight loss will encourage you to broaden them even more.

Might I suggest that you also start a journal, on this site, to keep track of your low carb journey. Who knows, you might end up publishing it in the years to come.

Continued success.

Tiggerdy Tue, Mar-04-03 14:55

What wonderful progress! It seems as if you've blossomed into a whole new way of being! :thup:

Congrats on your new journey and all the successes along the way!

Nikki :daizy:

chemlady Tue, Mar-04-03 15:05

congrats on your losses redawn and who said it takes a year. with lc and curves who knows the possibilities. Ive lost 109 in just over 8 months and 6 of which i have exercised. So shoot for the moon and reach the stars girlfriend.
Laurie

quikdeb Tue, Mar-04-03 18:15

You are an inspiration and the fact that you're out there LIVING your life is the greatest.

Congratulations....you're a go-getter....

Deb :cheer:

celtinore Tue, Mar-04-03 18:35

Way to go!

Thanks for sharing your story ... you are a real WINNER and an inspiration! Keep up the good work!

achio4444 Tue, Mar-04-03 18:36

Poster Child!

You could be a poster child for LC success. Sounds like your successes in life drove you to LC, which is excellent.....I am soooo happy for you. Spread your wings and keep flying girl, you are soaring!!! :D

Amy :D

dcbrowne Tue, Mar-04-03 18:53

What a wonderful life-you should be so proud of your many accomplishments. How do you like curves? I am curious about it.

redawn Tue, Mar-04-03 19:54

Re: Poster Child!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by achio4444
Spread your wings and keep flying girl, you are soaring!!! :D

Amy :D

funny you should say that. . .below is a sculpture I did last week and she is me. . .just about to take off. redawn:)

redawn Tue, Mar-04-03 19:56

thanks guys. redawn:)

redawn Tue, Mar-04-03 20:02

Quote:
Originally posted by dcbrowne
How do you like curves? I am curious about it.

I love Curves. . .i have been doing Curves since Oct and Atkins since January. . .never exercised before either. . .or dieted correctly (bulemic for 10 years). . .Curves makes you feel great in many ways. . .Physically you can tell with in the first week that you are doing something good for your body and when you keep doing it your confiedence in yourself just soars!

redawn:)

RGale Tue, Mar-04-03 20:26

Redawn,

You do very beautiful work!!

--Ruth

liz175 Thu, Mar-06-03 07:11

Redawn,

What a beautiful sculpture! And your positive attitude toward yourself just shines through in the sculpture.

Congratulations on your success so far. Based upon the sculpture and what you have written, I am sure that you are going to achieve all your goals including your weight loss.