Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Where Do Canadians Get Protein Bars? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=90188)

Shug19 Mon, Mar-03-03 15:24

Where Do Canadians Get Protein Bars?

Hi
I was wondering if any fellow Canadians know where to get Protein Bars or products without ordering off the internet?..... thanks

MocaGyrl Tue, Mar-04-03 12:50

I found several places

Hi! :) I found many stores that sell the bars I can eat (Atkins Advantage) & they carry many of the other low carb or protein bars. Grocery stores with health sections are a good bet, like Dominion or Loblaws have quite a big variety. The BEST price I found on Advantage bars is currently at Hy & Zel's - only $1.99 a bar. 2nd best is Loblaws at $2.99. Watch out for health food stores - they can be as expensive as $3.50 there. I will not order them online, man, we'd pay way too much with the awful exchange! :mad: I'm noticing so many places that sell protein bars now! Even some larger convenience stores.
I'm in T.O, so there may be more stores to choose from - I don't know where you live. Good luck!

Shug19 Tue, Mar-04-03 13:14

xcarbs Thu, Mar-06-03 14:54

Hi there,I just wanted to assure you that there really are some good internet sites to shop from,www.sndcanada.com carries protein bars and powders and they have the atkins advantage bars, a box of 15 for 38.99 taxes included,that is Canadian!For orders over $100 there shipping is free and over $200 you get 5% off, there regular shipping charge is under$6,I have ordered from them at least a dozen times and only once did i have a slight problem,there were only 11 protein bars in my case instead 12, I e-mailed them and they sent me 3 more!and I usually always get a free bar or t shirt with my order.Anyways i hope I have helped.
Wendy

DonnaA Wed, Mar-26-03 18:03

I found the cheapest portein bars are home made. I make 1 batch per week. I cut them into 7 bars, so I can have 1 each day.

Here is the recipe: Delicious!!

1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate
2 Tbls. butter
2 Tbls. heavy cream (whipping cream)
3 pkts Equal (Splenda)
3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein Powder (I use vanilla)
1 cup chopped panuts (or any other nuts)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
2 Tbls. water

Melt choc and butter in microwave for 1 min. Stir until completely melted. Add equal and heavy cream and stir til creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well, add water and mix thoroughly (This step takes a while for the right consistency) Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm. Cut into bars

If you cut into 6 bars it equals approx. 5 carbs/15 grams protein
per 1/6 recipe.

Enjoy!!
Donna, Windsor

xcarbs Wed, Mar-26-03 18:12

Wow Donna,those sound great,I'm going to give them a try!
Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Wendy