Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Weightloss (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=89895)

Wannabeski Sun, Mar-02-03 00:47

Weightloss

Hi Everyone,
I'm pretty new here, but I've been LCing for almost 2 weeks now. I started at 193 and got down to 182 but now I'm back up to 185 :confused: I dont know why that is.. Anyway I just wanted to ask if ya'll would mind posting how much weight you lost and how much time it took. It really encourages me and helps me stay motivated. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Good luck to ya'll and keep up the good work! :)

Channah Sun, Mar-02-03 00:59

Great job in the loss!!!!!

From what I have read here, fluctuation is normal. Just make sure you are drinking enough H2O!

Teuthis Sun, Mar-02-03 03:58

Patience

If you keep weighing yourself every day you're going to become discouraged, and drive yourself to distraction:) Just stick to the plan and weigh youself every couple of weeks. Watch for the other signs of loss; looser clothes, feeling better; sleeping better. Just be sure you are getting the exercise you need, and drinking enough fluids and have patience.

Good Luck!

nikkil Sun, Mar-02-03 04:44

16 lbs and 15.5 inches in 6 weeks.

Hope this helps :) :) :)

keep at it!

N.

Jansky C Sun, Mar-02-03 05:24

Two years ago I lost 50 lbs. in 3 months. My son was getting married and I wasn't going down the aisle fat!!! Not with my x-husband there.
I kept it off until about 8 months ago when my husband was diagnosed with cancer. I just get so worried and I EAT!!!, Anything and Everything.
Don't worry about the up and down weight thing. I know that you want to see the pounds come off. That is the way I were raised, I have to weigh every day. It keeps me on track. I am a fat person, with the fat person mentality. I have to watch myself closely or I will start to bing again. Do what you have to do, whatever works for you. But please remember, don't get too upset if you show a gain one day, it is water, if you have not gone off of your diet. You can't gain "weight" back if you aren't eating the wrong things.
Hang in there, you will be fine. Just keep up the good work and remember that everyday you make it on your plan is a good day.
Jan :wave:

TeriDoodle Sun, Mar-02-03 07:18

I lost 22# in 5 months, then lost 6# in the following 7 months. So, as you can see, the closer you get to goal, the slower it comes off! It's true!!

The "formula" for expected weight loss is 10# during induction, then 5% every month thereafter.... so if you have 50# to lose, you should be satisfied with 5# during induction, then 2.5# per month. Don't forget that this gets adjusted downward as you lose weight. Like with me, at this point I should expect to lose about 1/2# per month. Yes, it's slow right now, but it IS still moving in the right direction!!!

Hope that helps.

achio4444 Sun, Mar-02-03 07:43

24 lbs in eight weeks.

My losses went
+1

I have quite a bit to lose though, so keep that in mind!!!!

Amy :D

spellbound Sun, Mar-02-03 09:10

I have only lost 10 lbs in 2 months. I think I have finally found the reasons why.

First of all, you have to drink the water at least 1/2 your current weight in ounces each and every day. That is essential. There are no substitutes for water.

Second, you need to eat adequate amounts of fat. If your body thinks that it is starving, it will shut down and you will not lose weight. You need to make sure your body knows that it will have enough calories to keep itself healthy. Then it will be able to flush the fat.

Thrid, you need to exercise. That is extra important. If all you can do is walk, then walk. Even if it is in place and in front of the Tv. The more you move, the more you will want to move. Therefore, you will feel better and be healther.

Good luck. Hope this helps you too.
:daze: :spin: :roll:

red1cutie Sun, Mar-02-03 09:18

Hi Wanna! Congrats on you loss! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I started at 178 lbs on Feb 19, 2003. By Monday (Feb 24, 2003) I lost 3 pounds and was down to 175 lbs. On Thursday (Feb 28th, 2003) when I weighed I had gained 1 lb, on Friday I was the same, still 1 lb up and on Saturday (yesterday) when I weighed I was up another 1 lb . Today when I weighed I was down 1 pound .

I lost 3 lbs but gained 2 lbs back then lost 1 lb .

I have not cheated and I have not had cravings. I have not felt hungry. Most times I force myself to eat and many times I don't meet my caloric requirement (that is 10-12X body weight). I may have to increase my fat.

I drink at least 4 litres of water a day.
I don't exercise though....This is what I need to incorporate.

red

AmyTN Sun, Mar-02-03 10:32

In 78 days I've lost 33lbs, and am only 11 lbs from my original goal now. I drink water constantly, and it seems I'm constantly on my way to or from the bathroom as a result. Exercise is always equally important. I count carbs and keep track of everything I eat and drink. I take daily supplements, and would recommend them for at least the Induction period. Remember everyone is different & so is the speed of their weight loss. I eat the Atkins Advantage Bars without problems, but am constantly amazed to see how many people claim they stall them. Figure out what works for you and stick with it- even if the scale takes a temporary upswing or is stuck at one weight for a while, don't give up. Congratulations on your loss so far. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne

Wannabeski Sun, Mar-02-03 15:34

Thank you!

Hi everybody!
I loved reading all your responses, thank you so much for all your help and support. I really appreciate it. I'm going to stick with this. Also, thank you for sharing your results, they are such an inspiration! Good Luck to you all! :D

janny Sun, Mar-02-03 15:45

I started Jan 24. And I lost 17# so far but this last week nothing, nada, zip but I have done Atkins b4 and I know that this happens. I just say ok -how do I feel- and that is enough to keep me on the track. Besides husband who never notices anything unless it is about him called me skinny-minny this morning! However, he also told me today-you eating again? He is notorious for skipping meals and weighs 235-he can't see that what he is doing isn't working.
Jan Patterson
MAKE MINE LOW CARB!!!

MayLisa Sun, Mar-02-03 15:50

I lost 61 lbs from 7/8 to 12/19. Since 12/19 I've had some up-and-down periods, but I am down another 5.5 for a grand total of 66.5.

I find as I've lost weight, I have to watch my calories more and make sure I keep my fat intake up, and my carb and protein intake lower. I am shooting for a 75-5-25 ratio now.
That seems to work best for me.

MayLisa Sun, Mar-02-03 15:55

correction in ratio

Sorry...that ratio in my last post was not correct. It should have been 75-5-20.

37-48Ford Sun, Mar-02-03 17:29

Hope This Helps!

I started Nov 2 but didn't start measuring until Nov 25! (I had already lost 19 pounds before I started measuring)
I have lost 28 pounds (plus I loss 6 I gained from exercise)
4 Pant Sizes and 4 Shirt Sizes, 26 Inches.

11-2 to 3-02
Biceps 1" Loss
Bust 5" Loss
Waist 5 1/2" Loss
Hips 4" Loss
Thigh 2 1/2" Loss
Calf 1" Loss

12-23 to 3-02
Fat Roll 4" loss
Under Breast 3" Loss

I lost 19 pounds in the two week induction...so that is only a
9 pound loss since mid Nov...But the inches keep falling off!

SO MEASURE-MEASURE-MEASURE

I take supplements daily, exercise and Drink Plenty of Water!...I started exercising Jan 1...Wow what a difference! I also hit a slow period of weight loss after induction.

Keep Up The Great Work!
Julie :wave: