Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Shall I do gym and them running or the oposite? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=89797)

picaboo Sat, Mar-01-03 15:08

Shall I do gym and them running or the oposite?

From all of what I read here...I must say that, I feel some kind of... damm...did I do something worng , all this time?........

......In my last 2.5 years I do my exersice on empty stomak, early in the morning (I have only the mornings) run outside 4- 5 times a week, about 45 to 1 hour , finshing at the gym 2-3 time. and sometimes after the gym, depend on my mood, I'm back again outside for 30 min walk or a light run.

Am I doing anything worng here?......
Shall I first start at the gym and then go outside?....I only want to feel great and loose weight!!!

* Its been almost 20 years that Im going to the gym. love and did lots of arobic stuff during those years.
Now I am in my "spirtual running" :) - I call ed it that becouse its like kind of maditation for me , where its like losting myself in the run, but only with the right music ...oh well, its just me :-)........and this I think, will last till Ill find something else, or till Ill twist something....ankle or so..... :-)

picaboo Sun, Mar-02-03 13:04

came back today and nobudy replay, have I put something I shouldnt, or am I just.....never mind.... just wondering.

nikkil Mon, Mar-03-03 03:33

My trainer has me do treadmill (fast walking) for 30 mins, do 3 sets of weights (circuit) and then another 30 mins on treadmill. If time is a factor, I can lower the amounts on the treadmill, tho. This is an active warmup and cooldown and seems to cover the basis of 'before or after' ;) ;)
I have done the empty stomach and not empty. Not sure which is better, but am going to do the empty stomach for a while and see how it goes!

Nicole

MaineDaddy Tue, Mar-04-03 11:14

Picaboo,
One runner to another I would say that if you are running for the joy of running...zen running...or what have you. I would run when it felt best to run. I run and lift and I have put my running on either side of the lifting to see a diference. What I get is a better run before lifting, that could just be me. But i would listen to your body for the best answer.

picaboo Wed, Mar-05-03 22:29

Thank you all very much!!!

rumdum Thu, Jul-22-04 20:06

At the gym you're lifting weights right?
Well I hear you should warm up and then go lift weights first and THEN go do your running/ cardio.
You're legs will feel like dead weight esp. if you do a lot of strength training with them.

RD

horty Thu, Jul-22-04 20:15

I do 5 min on the Treadmill to warm up than I hit the weights. Once I have finished I jump back on the T/M for 40-60 min.

Built Fri, Jul-23-04 02:00

I never do any warmup. I just lift, stretch, and go home.