Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   would like abuddy im anewbie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=88890)

kimseabolt Tue, Feb-25-03 10:36

would like abuddy im anewbie

:wave: Hi! I have posted just yesterday but didnt say that i would like a buddy I never tried this diet before but I have been on it for 5 days now and I have lost 5 lbs. I belive it almost all water

Thanks

Kim

Disneyfan Tue, Feb-25-03 16:18

:wave: Welcome!

Hi! Sounds like you are doing well. Have you posted your menus anywhere yet? I also am doing Atkins... though it's been a struggle for me. I've not lost anything as of yet.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Have you started a journal... I didn't notice.

Take care!

Kingwood Wed, Feb-26-03 07:35

Hi Kim...

I see we are both new, I'm on day 3. I read that you want a buddy and at first I thought I did too but when I thought about it I got a little worried that I might start comparing myself too much. I've always been a slow loser and I can get discouraged when I try to diet with a buddy and they lose faster or have an easier time than me, but that's me.

One of the things I'm trying to do differently this time is learn from my mistakes. I've started writing about my dieting history and really thinking about what I have done to sabatoge myself in the past. I feel strongly that unless I'm willing to look back and get honest about the past I can't move forward and hope to succeed. I'm getting too old to screw up again. Now its not just a desire to look better, it is at the point of my health too. Hopefully I'm a bit more emotionally mature this time around.

Today I'm going to take my measurements. One of those lessons to be learned from the past is DO NOT LET the bathroom scale run and rule how I feel each day. That nasty machine can really mess me up if I let it.

What have you learned from your dieting history that you can apply to your life today?

edie Wed, Feb-26-03 11:37

kimseabolt

Somebody correct me if I am wrong....but.......I think all a buddy does is that you can tell if they are online in your profile. Until you have 25 messages, ( I think it is), you can't pm them. What I do (I don't have a buddy either), is just click "subscribe to this thread" at the bottom, and when you check in if you go to Profile it'll tell you what has new posts added to it, and I just add my two cents to them...lol. If anybody has more insite here, it would be enlightening. Good Luck Low carbing!!

:wave:

Anglgem9 Wed, Feb-26-03 12:45

buddy!

I am starting induction tomorrow...again...i myself would love the encourgagement and support that having an online buddy can provide..i am a great listener and i love to vent..i think that my success will be much more likely with someone to "check in" with and such..i have AOL and my screen name is the same as it is on these boards...i would love to hear from you.;o) :wave:

Skamito Wed, Feb-26-03 14:39

I think you all will find that if you read and post in people's journals, they will come visit yours. I make a note to visit journals of people who are inspiring, are eating similar to me or have similar goals, and those who are fun to read. Through doing this, I have several buddies who regularly stop by to say hi and provide support.

Another great place to find a buddy is in Buddy forums. You may find a thread that you relate to (I currently check out "10 pounds to go" and "Carb Creep") and stop in those folks journals too.

Anyway, if you're social I'm sure you'll find people in similar circumstances to be buddies with. Visit around!

:)

sharon_m Wed, Feb-26-03 15:30

Hi Kim
I am relatively new to low carbing
I started it back in November and went off the wagon -
Wasn't a good idea to start diet right before the holidays!
So I went off the wagon and then back on and then back off and then back on -
Right now I am back on - And trying very hard to stick to it this time.
I would love to have a buddy in this program -
It always helps to have some moral support and incouragement!
For me it just helps to be able to talk to someone about low carbing - my sister went on the diet with me - but got discouraged and changed over to a low fat diet.
I am very short (4'10") and it has always been very hard for me to lose weight.
I added you to my buddy list but I have no idea how to access it - I tried to pm you but it says that option is not available to me.
But I wish you the best in your low carbing !!
I'm struggling along here - Hope you're doing well in your low carbing.
A work of encouragement though - My next door neighbor's brother came to town and she told me he is doing the low carb diet and he has lost 42 pounds - He goes to the Mayo Clinic and his doctor told him he was doing great and that he firmly believes in the low carb diet, and for him to keep it up.
Well, hopefully I will figure out how to do this buddy thing and instant message you.
In the mean time I wish you the best.
Sharon :wave:

edie Thu, Feb-27-03 16:03

hi

I think you need 25 posts to be able to use the PM feature. So keep posting till you two reach the 25 post mark!!