Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I messed up (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=88371)

Star85 Sat, Feb-22-03 17:22

I messed up

Yep, the thread title pretty much says it all. I messed up!!!!!!

I was supposed to visit my family across the state today and stay for the rest of the weekend. I got the day off from work, but today at 8:30 am, one hour before I was supposed to leave, I got called back into work.

The girl working was supposedly sick (found out later today that she stayed home for about an hour before going out w/ her friends).

So, my day was pretty much totally ruined and I had to work her shift in addition to the late shift.

I was really angry and feeling depressed, and I ate a few truffles and pieces of peanutbuttery-chocolate. :(

As I was eating the bad stuff, I knew that I would regret it but I did it anyway. I don't know why. I feel like I've just thrown away the hard won mini successes that this WOL had allowed me.

I considered not divulging my flub, but I need to stay honest if I am ever going to change. I know what I did isn't the end of the world, but it still feels that way, and I guess I'm just a bit overwhelmed.

Had to share, thanks for listening.

Shannon

statjunk Sat, Feb-22-03 18:07

You're over it. Congratulations. You are now back in the weight loss mode again.

Tom

FionaC Sat, Feb-22-03 18:10

Oh Shannon

Don't be so hard on yourself, so you made a couple of mistakes, but look at everything you have achieved they far outweigh (in my book) this little slip up....

also it could have been much worse than what you did - you could have totally given up but you didn't you had the strength to stop...

my suggestion would be to think about how strongly your emotions controlled your eating and next time you will know where your triggers are (years of therapy for eating disorders :rolleyes: at least I learn't something :rolleyes: ) ...

I found out yesterday that I had been eating something that I considered to be LC was in fact 11.9g per serve and that nearly threw me to the fridge to make it "worth while" but I didn't do it cause I got some responses from others on this forum who told me to not worry about it ... I had a good cry about it and then got up and back to it ....

I am sure you will do just fine, don't be so hard on yourself :D spend the time instead of thinking of inventive (yet never to be fulfilled) ways to exact revenge on that girlie who called in sick :D :D :D :D :D guarenteed to bring a smile to anyones face

:D Fiona :D

achio4444 Sat, Feb-22-03 18:28

Don't fret...

Don't fret over what you did. I am not as familiar with protein power as with Atkins, but Atkins says if you do slip, don't worry and just get back on the wagon. Depending on how long you've been doing this, you may not even have any ill effects from doing it. Not to say to make it an every day occurence, but none of us is going to 100% perfect from now until the day we die, so don't let it be the reason you slip completely. It sounds like you have already examined why it happened. Just eat some protein with fat, do a little extra exercise, and look forward to tomorrow!

Amy :D

Netters Sun, Feb-23-03 00:33

A wise woman once explained the link between emotions and eating to me, right here on this very board. She's studying psychology, apparently, plus she works in a bakery. She didn't let me give up after my overeating binge. A wise, wise woman. =D

quikdeb Mon, Feb-24-03 21:38

Anger and disappointment. That's a 1-2 punch. We're not perfect, but you came here. I don't see it so much as a "confession" as the need for some understanding. There's lots of that here. You'll beat yourself up enough, but move on. What's done is done.

I'm sure things are better already, but I am sorry you missed out on your plans with your family.

Keep going.... :there:

Deb

EarthLight Mon, Feb-24-03 23:59

Ah Shannon - hope all is smooth & better now. I honor you for coming here & sharing. I REALLY admire you for being able to be around xxx-xx items, at work and with pals, & stick to L/C! :thup: I agree with all above - it's over, learn what you can, & let it go. And hope you get to reschedule your visit, soon!

Star85 Tue, Feb-25-03 18:15

Hi everyone

Thank you all for your words. I need to get over this and get back on track. Nan, thanks for reminding me to practice what I preach...

I didn't respond sooner because I am embarassed about the cheating. I feel so GROSS. I wish I could just go back in time and deal with the truffles and chocolate I ate...Unfortunately, I did a lot worse than that over the weekend and into today.

I won't go into details, but let it suffice to say....BAD, VERY BAD. the word binge comes to mind.

Tomorrow marks a new day though, and I am going to get back on this WOL. I just don't feel right like this, and I am so disappointed in myself.

But its ok, Im over it, thanks again everyone for supporting me.

~*Shannon*~