Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Repeating Induction for 4th time, I have some questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=88152)

Lessara Fri, Feb-21-03 12:31

Repeating Induction for 4th time, I have some questions

I have started Induction for my fourth time. This time I have removed all things I'm intolerant to as well and I have to admit, its been very easy to stay on the Induction. I'm on day 13 for now. I have some questions.
1. How long does it take for the body to "believe" that you are low carbing for real? I mean I'm a yoyo dieter when it comes to low carbing. On and off the wagon. My body doesn't let go of weight easily. This 2nd week I didn't lose any weight.. but I might be holding water at the same time... TOM coming up.

2. Calories- For someone my size, do I need to worry about calories? I am way under the 10-12x your weight thing.
Protein-Can you have too much I eat about 6-8 servings a day.
Maybe 1 more for my snacks.

3. I reread Atkins book and I'm curious to know if there is a way to get rid of yeast that he mentions.. I don't know if I have it or not but it wasn't clear to me if there was a "remedy"? Thanks

Began11903 Fri, Feb-21-03 14:11

Hi

Been seeing you around the site, good luck on Induction. I've had great success on it so far, but I haven't cheated at all and don't want to.
Don't know what works for you, but I'll ask a few questions and let you think about 'em.
Are you drinking lots of water? Do
Getting any caffeine? Don't
Diet colas with aspartame? Don't
Nuts? Not yet
Lots of protein and even more fat? Do
Cutting calories? Don't (I'm eating tons! and losing)
Taking vitamins? Do
Exercising? Do, go for a 30 min walk every day

As for yeast, it's awful. Get a prescription. And is your blood sugar okay? If it's high, yeast can be a huge problem. So often we large girls have diabetes or insulin resistance and don't even know it. (Read my journal) Get it checked, it's important to know. Atkins does wonders for the blood sugar.
I believe there's some co-relation with going low-carb and having a yeast die-off. Get the meds and you'll get better.

DON'T CHEAT! There are so many wonderful, tasty fantastic foods out there. Just try something new every day and keep going-you'll make it!
Elaine
Let me know you got this

Lessara Fri, Feb-21-03 15:05

Hi, and thanks... hope others can add to this.

I do take vitamins, I don't have any caffeine.
I do exercise maybe 15 minutes a day, I don't do aspartame ever.
I drink 2-3 liters of water a day, I don't eat nuts or dairy
I do eat protein and fat but I don't count calories.

I'm ask my doctor about the yeast.

lkonzelman Fri, Feb-21-03 15:10

Hi -

You say you eat way less calories???? That maybe your issue right there.

Actually... why not use fitday for a week to actually see what and how much you eat. Lets see your average ratios and then we have a starting point to tweek.

ATP Fri, Feb-21-03 15:32

Hi

I've read and heard that counting calories is the worst thing you can do. You may want to add another 15 minutes to your exercise. Keep drinking your water...I know that works and eventually you'll start loosing. Try not to get too obsessed with the scale....and focus alittle more on how you feel and how your clothes fee!!! :exclm:

I did Atkins last year and was in induction for 3wks before I started to notice and off course then I was off of it... :( mainly I think I needed some support! This time I'm going for good...

I'm starting Monday and I'm heading to the grocery store to get what I need!!!! I'm actually getting excited! If you ever need help just let me know......I understand how frustrating it can be!