Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I need a few quickies...Any good ideas for pre packaged low carb stuff? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=84757)

Brownsoup Wed, Feb-05-03 08:31

I need a few quickies...Any good ideas for pre packaged low carb stuff?

Any ideas for quick eats? At work I usually walk over to Giant and seek out a low carb lunch....usually rotissary chicken, Tyson or TGIF frozen chicken wings....cheese.....

Any good ideas for pre packaged low carb stuff?

At work we have a microwave and a fridge so preparation is difficult

Thanks - Steve

kmwebb1967 Wed, Feb-05-03 08:51

Pepperoni snacks, salami & cream cheese, pork rinds, deli meats and cheese, lc soups...leftovers from home. Those are my fav's.

rtjdk2 Wed, Feb-05-03 09:06

oh wow if you have a microwave at work and a fridge then foods are easyly done then for lunch... bring left overs from lastnights dinner for lunch... i worked at school lastyear as a sub teacher.. i use to take at night and fix me a lunch for the next day... may have colifried rice with a peice of steak or porkchop .. greenbeans.. I loved haveing left overs for lunch... and breakfast i would have a mock danish and being i like my cold i would fix first thing in morning and travel it to work with me then eat it... in fact quite a few teachers started asking how to make them mock danishes and now they are hooked on them as well... If you have that microwave and fridge possibilities are endless in what you can bring to work with you.. ( also saves on the pocketbook) if ya know what i mean..

Tammy

pbastian Wed, Feb-05-03 09:49

I'm not very hungry when I leave for work at 7:00, so I'll make an omelet before I go(maybe with cheese, or a few mushrooms, or a little salsa, or all of the above) Then, when I'm hungry, around 9:00 or so, I heat it up in the microwave with a couple of brown 'n serve sausages that I keep in the freezer in our fridge. Yummy - and everyone is very jealous!

Otherwise, if your grocery store has a takeout section, or the pre-cooked Tyson chicken, get a chicken breast, salad greens, yoru favorite salad dressing...Lots of possibilities. I keep dressing on hand at work, sometimes bring in the ingredients for a salad (chicken, cooked bacon, cheese, hardboiled egg)

Pre-cooked bratwurst is good, too (check for carbs - sometimes there's sugar) Be creative - have fun!

LC rocks :roll:

DDMariana Wed, Feb-05-03 12:14

Shredded lettuce in a tupperware is my staple for lunch...then whatever leftovers or prepared stuff in the frige at home...tuna salad, egg salad, lunch meat, blue cheese, etc.

Also, I like to bring some sliced cucumbers or zucchini with some spinach dip for snack...not prepared at the grocery store, but if you eat out every day, stick with the deli and produce section... most of their prepared salads and stuff have sugar or some other carby sauce in them.

My Albertson's has a small take-out of BBQ hot wings for $3. which are good in a pinch. Eat some salad with it, and it's a meal.

:wave: