Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Wings? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=80740)

Foxeylady Thu, Jan-16-03 14:02

Wings?

(I posted this on another forum, but I thought I should try here)I am invited to a pot luck baby shower for a co-worker and I am going to bring wings, since I can eat them and every one loves wings. Will they taste OK if I bake them the night before and then heat them up at the hosts house? Wings never last at my house so I have no idea what they are like 'left over'. We are going to the shower right after work, so I would have to take the dish with me in the morning and stash it in the fridge at work. Also, any ideas for good 'cold' dishes that I could bring if you think the wings wouldn't work out. MAybe I should post this on the recipe forum! Thanks!

(Oh yeah, I was going to do the parmeson baked wings with Green Goddess Dressing for dipping. They are so awesome. Its a Somersize recipe)

Victoria Thu, Jan-16-03 15:52

I don't see why you couldn't reheat them. The ones that are already cooked in the freezer section, are supposed to be reheated (either in the oven, or microwave). And they are delicious. I'd love to see the recipe for the parmesan chicken wings. Sounds great. Victoria

Foxeylady Wed, Jan-29-03 08:45

Sorry, I meant to post this recipe ages ago!

Parmesan Chicken wings

Mix grated parmesan cheese with a handful of dried Parsley flakes and any other seasonings you like. Cajun seasoning is great, so is garlic and ginger and so is lemon pepper. Spray wings with water just to get them wet and then shake them in the parmesan just like you would with shake n' Bake. Place them on a baking sheet . Bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until they are crispy. This is so easy and so good. I usually mix up 1/2 cup of cheese mix to start with , you can always make more if you have lots of wings. Also any left over cheese mix can be stored in your freezer for a few weeks. Everyone says that these are the best wings! I make them when I invite people over and serve them with veggie sticks and a choice of dips and It's all low carb!

KTiki Mon, Feb-10-03 19:16

The cheese wings sound great. I have taken hot wings to a get together, I baked them and then put them in the crock pot on low to keep them hot (with the sauce on them). Mine were served only a couple hours after cooking, but I bet they would do okay, don't put but a bit of sauce and when you get to the party, heat the remainder sauce up and pour over the wings.

If you don't already have a sauce recipe, melt one part butter and add one part Texas Pete (red hot sauce). For example, 1 cup melted butter and 1 cup Texas Pete. I add a tiny bit of Whorchestershire to give it a better flavor. Have fun.