Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Ketchup Reviews? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=78122)

UAGirl Fri, Jan-03-03 23:20

Walden Farms Ketchup?!?!?

Hi everyone!! :)

I am a ketchup addict and it is not replaceable with salsa or taco sauce. I have tried Steels Gourmet ketchup, it is good but very sweet. I have not yet tried Atkins or Walden Farms but heard Walden Farms was good. I also heard Keto Ketchup was nasty.

Any thoughts? Any input? Any experience?

I'm a little creeped out by making my own ketchup. :)

windy Mon, Jan-06-03 13:51

Have not heard of that catsup but have found Estees sugar free. It ends up having 1 or 2 carbs per 2T. I do not have the bottle here with me so not sure exactly. You subtract the carbs and sugar alcohol and it is very good. Had some for the first time last night.

Windy

IslandGirl Mon, Jan-06-03 16:40

I like the Westbrae Un-Ketchup (no sweeteners, very tomato-ey), available at Health Food Stores.

I also like the Keto Ketchup, but it's quite sweet to me. Lots of people like it very much just that way (sweetened with only sucralose).

I believe the Estee is sweetened with fructose, as are most of their products.

I'm not sure about the Walden Farms sweetener and haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I prefer a sugarless chunky mild salsa over almost all the ketchups :D

Catmom Tue, Jan-07-03 15:07

I'd put in a vote for the Keto ketchup -thought it was really good

RhaChaCha Mon, Jan-20-03 17:09

Keto ketchup is GREAT

Hey, just wanted you to know that I use keto ketchup and so far it is the ONLY keto product that tastes good. (ok their pancake syrup was ok, but most of their mixes are gross, but I digress...)

I thought the keto ketchup stood up to original heinz ketchup. Keto ketchup is 1 carb per tablespoon. I also mix it with horseradish to make a great cocktail sauce.

I havent tried atkins ketchup, simply because the keto is cheaper. I haven't tried walden farms ketchup - but I have tried a few of their salad dressings - and they were quite disgusting. Walden farms makes their products sugar free, fat free and calorie free - so there's no real food in them! Blech.

Livvy Fri, Apr-04-03 10:47

ketchup

Atkins ketchup is pretty sweet too, but then I like sweet ketchup. You might try Joke N Al's. I've heard it's delish, but have never tried it myself.

VickyRenee Sun, Apr-06-03 12:43

I really love the Keto Ketchup, it is sweet and thats what I like.

DarkRose Sun, Apr-06-03 15:57

I have the Keto Ketchup (very sweet, fairly tomatoey) and the Westbrae (not quite as sweet, but very good and slightly more tomatoey). I have a slight preference for the Keto, BF prefers the Westbrae. I'll probably get only the Westbrae next time when we've used these up, just because it was (literally) about 1/5th the price of the Keto!

DarkLotus Sun, Apr-06-03 16:25

I've only had the Keto ketchup and I like it!

ndelacourt Thu, May-01-03 23:10

We buy the Keto ketchup....a nice tomato flavour....Atkins ketchup was too vinegar tasting for us.

Natascha

Flutterby Fri, May-02-03 20:27

I really love the Walden Farms Ketchup :yum:. It tastes just like del monte ketchup! I have tried a lot of their products and I have liked them all (haven't tried the salad dressings though). I won't buy any other brand. I am with you UAgirl, I love ketchup also, and this is the closest one I have tried. I have a couple of bottles in my pantry so I don't run out!

WomanofGod Fri, May-02-03 22:50

I Love the Keto Ketchup :thup:

Marcia

AmyTN Sat, May-03-03 17:52

I use the Walden Farms Ketchup & I love it! Less than 1 g per tbsp. I also use their salad dressings & like them too, so I guess tastes vary. The thousand island & italian are really good less than 1g per 2 tbsp. I use the thousand island on my cheeseburger sometimes for a change of pace. The one flavor I tried & didn't care for was French, which is usually my favorite dressing. Not all the Walden Farms dressings are fat free & none are calorie free, they're all sweetened with Splenda so...

Lisa N Sat, May-03-03 18:39

I really like the Keto ketchup. Even my kids like it. Very nice tomato taste and I think it rivals Heinz (my old favorite).

CarolynC Sat, May-03-03 19:38

I've tried the Walden Farms. It's OK, but not Heinz. Seems kind of bland and sweet to me. When the Walden Farms bottle runs out, I'm going to try something different.