Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   OWL with Pleasantville Cookie ? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=76363)

KDavis Sun, Dec-22-02 11:08

OWL with Pleasantville Cookie ?

OK... I have found the Pleasantville Cookies!!! Oh my... I'm hooked. I've been LC'ing for 2 months... doing well... consider myself OWL now...

The question is... how dangerous are these cookies? The package says 3 gram carb/2 fiber per cookie. Does that make them 1 effective carb per cookie!!??

How dangerous are they since they are sweetened with Splenda?

I'd hate to 'blow it' over a cookie, but must admit these are to die for (IMHO)!!!

Thanks for any info...

Karla

Halaina Tue, Dec-24-02 13:19

I don't have any info, but could you please tell me where to get these cookies?

tofi Tue, Dec-24-02 20:19

Yes, if those figures are correct, that would make them just 1 carb effectively. Can you stop at just one or two?

If you are at 30 grams of carbs per day, two of them are 2/15 of your total daily carbs. But if you eat 5, then you are almost at 16% of your total carbs for the day.

And do they set up cravings for other sweet things? Only you can say what effect they have on you, and if you can stop at 1 or 2.

Some people can't take the sweet taste because they want MORE. So they must stay away from sweetened foods or LC substitutes for treats.

I haven't heard of these cookies so maybe they are only in the States. I hope you can determine how dangerous they are for you.

:wave:

Supercow Thu, Dec-26-02 02:21

Where did you find them in Georgia? The Atlanta Area?

Tell me and I'm there :D

Alex :wave:

KDavis Thu, Dec-26-02 16:34

Where I got the cookies...

I wish I could purchase them locally, but I purchased them over the internet... Sorry!

Karla

theresa113 Sat, Jan-11-03 22:24

I got my second shipment of these the other day. i bought some a couple of months ago. I like them a lot!

Here is the nutritional info:

1 cookie equals:
Calories 100
Fat Calories 90
Total fat 9g
Sat fat 1 g

theresa113 Sat, Jan-11-03 22:37

Ok, I submitted by mistake before I was done... sorry :)

Colesterol 30mg
Sodium 90 mg
Total Carb 3g
Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1g
Protien 4g

Ingredients: Almonds, egg, (peanut butter cookies contain peanuts)butter, (chocolate cookies contain cocoa) sucralose (Splenda Brand)baking powder, salt, potassium sorbate (a natural perservative) citric acid (caramel color, red 40- except California Almond flavor) natural and artificial flavors.

They aslo make a really great brownie and some bake mixes.

Company name and address: Pleasantville Cookie Company PO Box 772 Dubin Ohio 43017
Phone number 614-801-0991
www.pleasantvillecookies.com

So far, these have not affected my weight loss at all. What i like about them is that they give you a full feeling because of the Almond meal (flour?) They are not real sweet and I have had them for breakfast.

One thing that I think is so cool is all of the businesses that have started because of low carb. There was a reply to one of my post concerning low carb granola and someone mentioned Gram's Granola. Again, you can order this product on the internet. I think it is great that so many are taking their lifestyle and changing it into their life's income as well.

Maybe, one day, I will think of a great low carb product myself. Afterall, I do make a mean low-carb cheesecake. :)

Hope this information helps for any who are interested. My personal favorites are the California Almond and the Brownie. :)

Yum. Yum.

:wave: