Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Soups Sauces & Appetizers (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   [B]OH MY GOSH! The Greatest Avocado Bique Soup Ever..... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=75372)

amazin77 Fri, Dec-13-02 21:07

[B]OH MY GOSH! The Greatest Avocado Bique Soup Ever.....

If your like me about Avocado: Than this is the soup to die for.

[COLOR=crimson]AVOCADO BISQUE SOUP[/COLOR]

I found this old book at the Library about Pressure Cooking: I need all the short cuts that I can get! I pressured all this in 3-4 minutes. Wala! Done, ready for the blender and your ready to eat.
Just boil or steam your vegetables soft than Puree all in blender.

Makes 3-4 servings

1 tbls. unsalted butter
2 small celery ribs, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded if desired, minced
2 cups chicken Stock or vegetable stock
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried mint (opptional): accentuates its Middle Eastern tones.
2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1/3 cup whipping cream
Fresh Cilantro ( optional): plays to its Tex-Mex side

1) Melt butter in the pan. Add celery, onion, zucchini, and jalapeno. Cook uncovered until vegetables begin to soften, 3-4 minutes. Add stock, cumin, and mint.
2) Cover and bring up to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilize and cook 5 minutes. Release pressure. Remember you can just continue to cook on the stove top if you don't have pressure cooker.
3) Puree the contents of the cooker in a blender or food processor. Add the avocados and blend again until smooth. Transfer to a serving container and stir in cream and salt to taste. Serve hot or chilled. I perfer hot. It taste sooooo sinful and very elegant.

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS SPECIAL CLASSIC SOUP (BISQUE)

Amazin77 (My first posting as a newbie) I will now go to introduction board to introduce myself formally.

P.s. I'm really enjoying this site so much. I have all my office doing the Atkins since they see my results and what I create and eat during the day and at dinner......But again I'm paying an incentive so they can really make this diet work by 1 lb. loss equal $ 1.00 I pay them. Time limit of course 2 months...

penelope Fri, Dec-13-02 21:18

Looks really tasty

I think that I would refrigerated half of it for the next day

This way I would only use one avocado a day.

Good soup for the weekend

Thanks Amasing77

:sunny: Pene

Tams531 Sun, Dec-15-02 20:38

Sounds delightful!Can't wait to make it!

Do you happen to know the carb count per serving?

Thanks!

amazin77 Sun, Dec-15-02 22:43

Re: Avocado Bisque

Tam351,

It really is great creamy soup. It's rich also in taste. I save the rest for the next day too. (For lunch).
I'm new to this so I need to go to the board and equate the totals of carbs for this soup. I cook and bake alot. I play with recipes too. But as you can see this is totally legal for the low carb diet. When I get a chance I will post the carbs when I find the site to convert.

By the way, youv'e done terrific on low-carbing....

Amazin77

Tams531 Sun, Dec-15-02 23:05

Thank you Amazin 77.........I feel pretty good about the progress I have made on low carb too! It is such an amazing experience to eat good, filling food....and lose weight and gain energy.....not to mention that I feel in control for the first time in years! I love weighing myself these days, it is a positive reinforcement as opposed to the feedback I used to receive on low fat.......work and work, but gain?!!

Anyways, I cannot wait to try the soup, I will do the math too......always neat to find another creative recipe to go along with this WOE!

Good luck to us all! And to all a low-carb way of life! haha!

chisharkie Sat, Feb-22-03 11:00

I made this recipe this week. It really was excellent. I was a little concerned at first that the texture would be a little thin, but when you puree the mixture with the avocados it thickens right up. I also wound up substituting 2 dried arbol chiles for the jalapeno. It gave the bisque a medium heat and didn't affect the color. This recipe is a winner and has been added to my recipe file. Thanks for the post!

catsims Mon, Dec-29-03 17:17

"Oh My Gosh" puts it mildly!

This is without a doubt one of the very best soups I have ever had in my life! Thanks! Do you have any other recipes you would like to suggest?

amazin77 Mon, Dec-29-03 20:17

Heavenly Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies...

Im Glad you like the recipe.

If interested I have created myself a Most Holy Blessed FLOURLESS Peanut Butter Cookies.

All the ingredients are: (If interested and, or In the desert cookies section)

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup Splenda or Brown Splenda

1 large egg( slightly beaten)

Add to peanut butter/sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

MAKES 24 SMALL COOKIES TSP.

Note if you feel Sweetly Blessed: You can thank yourself for your accomplishments by adding the following:

Dried Cherry raisens or Dried Ruby Raisens. Total used combined (24 Raisens in center.)
Silverd Blanched but Toated Almonds: I placed as a cross on each cookies.
:
''''':""" One raisen in center.
:

Then dip small fork or something to press each side of the cross. These will melt in your mouth. Bake 3:50o for 10minutes. Do not touch at all. Take out when slightly brown around edges only!! Let cool in greaseless cookie sheet for 5 minutes., then take out with spatula and cool on rack 5 minutes.

Let me know how you like then. You have to be a real peanut butter fan.
I worked the numbers out with regular Skippy and they still came out low carb. About 1.96 carbs per cookie/24 totals With ( Regular creamy Skippy, Nuts, & raisens) Yummy....

Amain77

catsims Mon, Dec-29-03 20:34

These sound great also!

I adore peanut butter! Thanks again. I will give these a try this week.