Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   calling all short people (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=75028)

lisak17 Wed, Dec-11-02 17:33

calling all short people

Hi :wave:
It was suggested by a fellow petite person that it might be a good idea to start a forum for us little people. So, if you are interested in conversing with other petite people about what is working for you and not working, join our little forum.

I will start by introducing myself. :)
Lisa 4'11" 32 and single
started November 4 at 137 pounds
i have lost 7 pounds

looking forward to meeting other petite people :yay:

Link_nz Wed, Dec-11-02 18:23

Hi there

I'm Jake and im 5'8"

Good idea i suppose, but if you get too many forums they just gather dust :)

Sandylee Wed, Dec-11-02 19:23

Hi, I am Sandy and I am 5 - 2. There already is a petite thread, it's in the Buddy Up section :)

lisak17 Thu, Dec-12-02 15:13

well then - this makes another petite forum for us new folk :)

Paleoanth Thu, Dec-12-02 16:20

Perhaps we can just have this thread running for a while and see what happens.

My name is Leigh
I am 5'0" tall
started September 19? or there abouts at 160
I have lost over 15 pounds on lc.
I am also a vegetarian.

I have found that 35 grams of carbs seems to work wonders for me. Has anyone else found a carb number that seems to get them to lose weight faster?

lisak17 Fri, Dec-13-02 16:46

I started November 4 so i am pretty much still hanging on to the induction phase. I usually keep my carbs under 20. I went through a little stall a few weeks ago so i tweeked and tweeked my plan. nothing seemed to really work until i decided to cut out cheese (except for the small amount i put in my crustless quiche or mock danish.)

Lisa

kelleyb Fri, Dec-13-02 21:40

Hi, I'm Kelley, 5'2". I started July 20th of this year at 182. I've lost about 27#. I was on Atkins for 4 months, now more of a lower carb version of Sugarbusters.

I've found that now that I'm within 15# of goal, calories count a lot more than they did in the beginning. I never counted calories on Atkins. But I went on a LOOOOOONG stall, and calorie counting is what pulled me out of it. I eat about 1400 cal's a day.

lisak17 Tue, Dec-17-02 17:10

Hi Jake, Sandy, Leigh and Kelley - this is a start!!

How is everyone doing? I am doing really well and using a lot of willpower during this crazy holiday season. I know i am not the only one surrounded by food all the time, whether it be going out with friends, xmas parties, or the dreaded workplace where everyone is bringing in goodies on a daily basis.

by the way - i lost 2 more pounds!!

Keep up the good work everyone :)

any other petite people are welcome to our new little forum....

BASpider Tue, Dec-17-02 23:40

Count me in.

I'm 5'0" 52 y. o. restarted CALP after Thanksgiving. BUT have only had it clean for a week. I restarted at 134, but I know that the 3 pounds I've lost are most likely only water.

My biggest obstacle has joined me in this and he's losing much faster, ofcourse.

intanzania Tue, Dec-17-02 23:52

Hi there...

i'm 5'2''
Started in October at 155
Now at 142

Just started exercising in the morning instead of the evening... i find that I can't do as much... I get tired much faster, but I do feel great afterwards, and find I have a ton of energy by the time i get into work. I've only started the mornings this week, but am considering doing my cardio in the morning and then weight training on alternate evenings... (3 times a week) any ideas?

Have a good day...
:wave:

lisak17 Thu, Dec-19-02 16:49

wow!! i am so glad to see some more petite people. i am leaving for florida tomorrow and will be away for a week. i will check in when i get back.

happy holidays!! try not to cheat too much. i already know that i probably will have a few forkfuls of dessert because when i go to florida, grandma loves those dinners that include everything from the appetizer to the dessert. so i know i will have a dessert here and there.

Lisa :)

Jan C Thu, Dec-19-02 17:14

Hi everyone,

I am also 5'2". I started at about 141lbs. and am now around 123. (My weight tends to fluctuatea pound or two.)

My initial goal was to fit into my clothes that were getting too tight, now I am finding that even some of my "old" clothes are too big. I have lost about two sizes in clothes and feel great. I added yoga and pilates to my workout routine and find that gives me more energy as well.

Good luck to the rest of you shorties. I know that 5 or 10 pounds really makes a difference in us.

Jan

Sandylee Thu, Dec-19-02 19:32

This is getting to be a fun thread!

Hi Everybody,
I started low carbing last June. I did really well at first, but lately I have lost interest in it. I have been exercising every morning at home, and really enjoying it. I'm considering changing to CAD. The book is very interesting so far.

I had gotten all the way up to 187 after I quit smoking a year and a half ago. That's a lot for us 5 ft. 2'ers.

Happy holiday season,
Sandy

rustpot Fri, Dec-20-02 05:14

I am definately undertall!

I have just checked the weight for height charts and I should be 7' 4"

Does this allow me entry into this thread?

My real reason for dropping by was to say that my mother is 4' 11" is 82 and has been getting shorter as she gets older. But is fighting fit.

She rides a bike everywhere and has an exercise bike at home for when its raining.

Her father my grandfather was also short and wiry. he lived to be nearly 100. So I have this theory that if you are short you live longer.

I am just off to the docs to see if I can be chopped off at the knees :D

Sandylee Fri, Dec-20-02 07:01

:) Rustpot, you crack me up!!!!

My mother WAS 4'11". now is about 4'8" and she is 87 years old. Maybe being short does make us live longer. LOLOLOL