Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   100 lbs gone forever! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=71273)

UtahKat Mon, Nov-18-02 07:39

100 lbs gone forever!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Let's celebrate! Today marks one hundred pounds, gone forever!

This should be a celebration for all of us, not just me- we lost it together, and with the help of all of you, I will keep it off.

I wish I could take a lot of credit for this, but I can't. It has been easy so far- the only hard part has been the time that it takes. Why was it easy?

BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS!!

Hey, I've tried this before, but never before with any support. And I would lose for a while, then fall off the wagon. With a support group, it is soooooooo different! The only real work that I had to do was to listen, and learn, then apply what I have been taught.

Pretty simple, what I learned: keep the carbs AND calories down, and the exercise up, drink my water, take my supplements, and never, ever cheat. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, every day. No whining (well, maybe a little........ :rolleyes: ) no excuses, just doin' it, day in and day out.

Good thing it is that simple- I have a very long way to go yet. But with your help, I will make it.

We ALL can make it- if I can do it, anyone can!

Hugs to my "Support Team",

Kat

Zuleikaa Mon, Nov-18-02 07:41

Kat

Congratulations

:Party: :Party: :Party: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Your determination is an inspiration to us all.

UtahKat Mon, Nov-18-02 07:48

Gee Zule, how did you get here so fast??

Couple of sips of coffee, and here you are!!

Hey gal- look at YOUR stats! You are only a few weeks away from the 100 lb mark too! We'll party together!
Hugs,
Kat

DWRolfe Mon, Nov-18-02 09:16

Woo woo!

Excellent news, Kat! CONGRATULATIONS!

It's just awesome when folks reach that magic 100lb lost milestone! I hope to reach it soon myself, after a brief fall from the wagon over the last couple of months.

You're absolutely right about the importance and benefits of being a forum member. Even when I struggled, I still participated in the forum. That in and of itself kept my "toe in the water" and got me back on track.

What's that expression? I get by with a little help from my friends....

Donald :wave:

Sherry B Mon, Nov-18-02 10:03

HOOORAY!

Wow, I'm humbled by your AMAZING success. No one deserves it more than you Kat. You are ONE STRONG Xena Warrior Woman.

Look at you go! I don't even know what to say I'm so impressed and you know me, if I'm speechless there must be something WRONG!

(Or in this case very very RIGHT).

Congratulations you are my Heroine!

jus2muchme Mon, Nov-18-02 11:46

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

HIP, HIP, H O O R A H!!!!!!!

Wonderful, just plain wonderful!!

Congratulations!

AlluraD Mon, Nov-18-02 13:02

Yeah!!!

That is fantastic news!!! Good for you!!
Such a magic number isn't it?? Lots of hard work and lessons learned..........you have a real right to be proud of what you've accomplished~
It really is a staggering number when you equate it to say.........20 lb bags of cat food........imagine trying to carry 5 of them at once.........
keep caring for yourself..........and you are right..........all the well wishes and hopes of everyone here really make a difference~
Very best wishes~

UtahKat Mon, Nov-18-02 13:23

Ha ha ha ha- thank you Allura, for cleaning that up! You COULD have said 5 twenty pound cans of Crisco!
Thanks,
Kat

AlluraD Mon, Nov-18-02 13:27

*L*

*L* well..........when I had lost 20 lbs. I said butter or hamburger...............now the cat food..........or litter seems a little easier to visualize~~ *LOL*

Ya done great!! :roll:

PoofieD Mon, Nov-18-02 22:04

Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!
You have worked so hard for this!!!
Yeah!
Poofie!

quiggley Mon, Nov-18-02 22:57

Congrats on Your 100 Pounds

orchidday Wed, Nov-20-02 08:22

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Kat, What a fabulous amazing accomplishment! That is so exciting!! I hope I will follow in your footsteps someday. You definitely have a new lease on life, you must feel like a million dollars. Have you bought new clothes? Especially, since you are now taller hehehehe! Thanks for returning my private message - it was helpful. Cindi

agonycat Wed, Nov-20-02 08:29

Just popping in to add my congrats to the long list of supporters ;)

You are doing fantastic Kat. Congrats on all your hard work so far.

UtahKat Wed, Nov-20-02 15:38

Thank you, all of you. Remember that a celebration for one of us is a celebration for all of us; what one can do, all can do!

And OF COURSE I am buying new clothes! :D Any excuse I can get, all along the way! I had this cool outfit all planned for a get-together a few weeks ago, with friends that I had not seen for a while- and that didn't work out the way I planned. I order this special sassy black suede fringed skirt- gee it was cute- but by the time I wore it, I had lost so much, it wouldn't stay up- kept slipping off! Some glamour, huh?

Hugs,
Kat

ohara Thu, Nov-21-02 13:21

what happened?

Hi,
I usually just lurk around the forum for inspiration. I found Utahkat's success to be very motivating. So I also noticed since yesturday that her journal is missing?? :confused: :confused: :confused: Am I just missing something? If anybody knows, I was just wondering and am curious.
Thanks,
Ohara :)