Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Just to say.. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=69949)

a_citizen Sat, Nov-09-02 14:25

Just to say..

Hi everyone, I would just like to take the time and thank everyone, even complete strangers (I guess everyone is kind of a stranger to me) for being so vocal about this and that. There is a lot of inspirational things in here that have been liftin my spirits since I came here about a week ago. Everyone seems so kind and sweet and nice and wonderful here, which is something I don't normally find in other people.

I am not normally the type that cares about people, I'm not bitter about my weight or anything, there is just something in the back of my brain that makes me all squirrely and whatnot, but I can honestly say that I feel some sort of positive feelings towards everyone here.

For a long time I have been either an angry/spastic/depressed person, everyday was blue and grey (not the nice ones seen in paintings, but the hazy kind that makes everything horrible), but since "LCing" (Only since Tuesday, didn't way myself yet, although tempted), the world is a little more cheery to me. I feel a sense of change in not only my physical appearance, but inside of me, I feel kinder. Don't get me wrong, I'm as kind as people are to me, but never as mean. Anyway, I am rambling.

Thanks for everyone being themselves and being supportive and caring to one another. Have a great week.

Happy Brian.

(Sorry about length and ramble-osity of the post)

Lessara Sat, Nov-09-02 15:38

Hi

:wave:
I have to say I know exactly what you mean.
I felt the same way when I started low carbing over a year ago.
I still come on this forum after all this time for the positive karma I find here. :sunny:

I hope you stay low carbing. The first two weeks are tough but do-able and you do get a high from it at first. If you have a journal write in it and remember your thoughts. Its great to look on as time goes by. :read:

You are doing great :thup:

orchidday Sat, Nov-09-02 17:15

Welcome aboard Brian!

Yeah, I agree. Being overweight can make you see most people in a not so great light. They can be mean and inconsiderate. I didn't get heavy until I was an adult - late twenties I started putting it on so I see a BIG (no pun intended) difference in how the world treats you. About five years ago, I was at a normal weight and WOW what a difference. More doors opened for me, more smiles, I was just more noticeable. There are lots of studies on how bigger people are perceived and treated and it aint pretty.

On the positive side, being a large woman has certainly taught me compassion and understanding for all people who are different in some way. So in a strange sort of way, it has been positive.

Welcome to the forum and the triple digits club. These people ROCK! You will find a lot of support and compassion when you need it and a lot of excellent advice too. Welcome Home! Cindi

Victoria Mon, Nov-11-02 10:46

Welcome

Brian,
It's good to see you here! Isn't it amazing what getting rid of sugar can do? I really think low carbing helps not only physically but mentally as well. This is a great forum for support. I am truly grateful for all the help I've found here. Again welcome. :wave: Victoria