Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What other celebraties doing low carbs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=69459)

Josiemk Wed, Nov-06-02 10:53

What other celebraties doing low carbs

Hi,
I like to find out how all the famous celebraties keep their weight down. I know that Jenifer Anison does the Zone. Madonna put her husband on a low carb diet cuz he was gaining weight. I just read about Ex President Carter eats low carbs. I like to know which other ones are doingit to.

Thanks
Josie

tofi Thu, Nov-07-02 22:27

I think Dennis Franz (Sipowitz on NYPD Blue) lost his weight on either the Zone or Atkins.

:wave:

DebPenny Fri, Nov-08-02 16:40

Al Roker

People just did an article on Al Roker (the weatherman on Today). He lost his with surgery.

People Magazine, November 7, 2002

;-Deb

Sugarhigh Sun, Nov-10-02 08:11

John Schneider http://www.supermantv.net/smallville/larryking.htm
I think that show actually got me started :)

Josiemk Tue, Nov-12-02 14:42

Thanks I found another

I use to be in love w/ John Scheinder, when I was a kid.
Cover girl model Molly Simms also eats low carbs. I just read on the cover of a magazine w/ an article on how models & actresses stay thin. I didn't finish reading it she was the first person in there. But I bet most of them do low carbs.

:wave:
Josie

jus2muchme Thu, Nov-14-02 12:17

Hi!

Singer Luther Vandross (when he's thin) is a low-carber.

CindySue48 Wed, Nov-27-02 10:39

Comedian Lenny Clark was on a talk show recently and has lost a LOT of weight! When asked how, he said "no more bread". No one asked and he didn't go into specifics, but sounds low-carb to me!

mrfreddy Tue, Dec-03-02 10:33

John Leguzamo was just on the Late, Late show with Craig Kibourn the other day. He said he lost about 20 pounds and now had six pack abs (for a role as a boxer or something). Asked how he did it, he said "no carbs!"

note: this may not be exactly what he said - it was on very late, after all. but it's close enough.

misstvlgir Thu, Dec-12-02 23:54

Well, funny you should ask. Today I was reading the Nov 4th issue of IN TOUCH Weekly and it has this whole section on celebrities and their "diet of choice."

Renee Zellweger is doing a :"zone-like, Atkins-like, high-protein, low-carb diet."

Also from the mag: "Minnie Driver took off 20 lbs. Like other stars (Catherine Zeta Jones and Charlize Theron) on the controversial diet by Dr. Atkins MD, Driver eats mostly proteins and fats while drastically limiting carbs to a few fresh vegetables. Typical meals include steak and salad, salmon and broccoli, eggs and bacon. No pasta, potatoes, rice, bread, flour or sugar."

Josiemk Fri, Dec-13-02 09:50

Wow I noticed that Renee Z. has lost weight

She had to gain it for a movie she was in. It's good to see that what the stars are doing? To keep their figures.

Josie

Bonnie Wed, Dec-18-02 08:37

RE: Barbara Walters

Happened to tune in to Regis and Kelly this morning where Barbara Walters was a guest... she was speaking about her list of important people for the year...she mentioned Dr. Atkins and Regis mentioned that she was following the diet...she responded that Dr. Atkins had now somewhat been redeemed in the fact that fat is now not as bad as everyone previous thought especially with the article that came out in the New York Times... stated that she felt was getting pudgy as of late and was somewhat following the diet although she was not there to advocate any diet just present the facts.... :thup: ...B

Bonnie Wed, Dec-18-02 08:47

Re: RE: Barbara Walters

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonnie
Happened to tune in to Regis and Kelly this morning where Barbara Walters was a guest... she was speaking about her list of important people for the year...she mentioned Dr. Atkins and Regis mentioned that she was following the diet...she responded that Dr. Atkins had now somewhat been redeemed in the fact that fat is now not as bad as everyone previous thought especially with the article that came out in the New York Times... stated that she felt was getting pudgy as of late and was somewhat following the diet although she was not there to advocate any diet just present the facts.... :thup: ...B

Just to follow up Barbara will be interviewing Dr. Atkins on Dec 18, 2002:

Barbara Walters Interview with Dr. Atkins
Event Type: Television
Date: Wednesday, December 18, 2002
Time: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
Featuring: Robert C. Atkins, M.D.

Description:
On Wednesday, December 18, Dr. Atkins will be a guest on the "Barbara Walters Special" on ABC. Barbara will be interviewing the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2002, including Dr. Atkins.

Will be interesting to see if she mentions she is indeed following the diet ;) ...B

asugar Thu, Dec-19-02 06:37

On the show "The View" Lorraine Bracca (from the Supranos and also currently playing Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate) mentioned that she is a lowcarber.
asugar :wave:

Bonnie Thu, Dec-19-02 06:48

Lorraine Bracca

Quote:
Originally posted by asugar
On the show "The View" Lorraine Bracca (from the Supranos and also currently playing Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate) mentioned that she is a lowcarber.

:wave: I did catch bits and pieces of the show but missed that part...Lorraine has always been one of my favourites ever since the film, " Medicine Man", she costarred in with Sean Connery :thup: ...she seems like a "Real " person and I have to say she looked terrific in her black leather pants on the "View" :thup: ...B

asugar Thu, Dec-19-02 07:29

Does anybody know how Dolly Parton lost all the weight and kept it off? Since she lost so much and kept it off for so long, I would love to know how she's done it.