Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Help Im at a Stall! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=68128)

Liz99 Mon, Oct-28-02 21:20

Help Im at a Stall!

Im at a stall.For three weeks Ive weighed the same.What do I do this is a first for me

CarbsKill Mon, Oct-28-02 22:42

First of all, some people lose sporadically, so you might just randomly start losing again tommorow.

The first thing you should do is see if you are eatting any known stallers such as protein bars, too much cheese, or nuts...etc

Make sure you are drinking enough water.

Then see if your calories are either extremely low, or extremely high...and try to find a happy medium (about 10-12 X your body weight is a general rule of thumb).

Adding exercise (if you haven't already) is always a good weight loss jump starter, too!

Dont get discouraged! :D

Good luck,

Michelle

tofi Tue, Oct-29-02 06:43

Or you could just relax and enjoy it. This could just be a period of adjustment after a marvellous loss. Your body needs some time to get used to the new state of affairs.

But don't cut down on how much you are eating. Your body needs reassurance that you are not in danger of starving and that means regular feeding every day with good food.

It IS possible to lose inches while not losing pounds as the fat cells give up their water. And it is also possible that you aren't losing pounds because muscle is replacing the fat.

So don't panic until 4-6 weeks have passed with NO LOSS OF INCHES OR POUNDS. Have another lobster. How many diets do you know where you can eat steak and butter and still be on your plan?

The closer you get to your goal, the slower the loss will be. There may often be a month when you only lose one pound. But that is not a bad thing.

:wave:

captxray Tue, Nov-05-02 17:13

Oh, Yeah???

What about me? Huh? I have been stalled for two and a half months...after one year and three months!!! I can't even start to turn my ketostix any color but what they came in! I've been on Induction, again for over five days!!! 'Ol Doc A says that I MUST be turning it some color...nope! NADA! What gives? I mean, I am being very strict on Induction...nothin! And, I know what Induction is...I've lost 75 pounds! Any suggestions would be helpful...I am exercising 30 minutes a day, I am following Induction strictly, I drink plenty of water...no other fluids for over a year...I am not ready to throw in the towel because I will stay on this diet for the rest of my life, even if I get no more weight loss because I feel so much better, but I'm bloated up like a balloon, I seem to be holding onto water, and I'm a 55 year old male. My pants are tighter in the last few days. I thought, maybe too much salt. Cut it out of the diet...nothin!!! Still bloating. Still not losing. Still feel great. Still exercising. Still on the WOE. Went off Induction, though. I ate a pear and an apple and two grapes, today along with two cans of Kippered Snacks and five pieces of celery. I'm not hungry, but I'm not losing, either. HELP!