Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   De-Lite Chocolate Bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=67645)

krazzybird Fri, Oct-25-02 13:43

De-Lite Chocolate Bars

F.Y.I. for all those who like the De-lite Low Carb chocolate bars... They are on sale at RiteAid this week (if there is one near you that is, and I think their sales are national): 3 bars for $5.00

Seemed like a good deal - wanted to pass on the info. :)

I know these can be stallers for some people, and I know they have hidden carbs, but I have to admit - when TOM is about to rear his ugly head they can be a true blessing (one a month can't be that bad can it??)...... ;)

IslandGirl Sun, Oct-27-02 01:51

Hi, there.

Just to clarify your post for other readers of this Forum, Rite-Aid is a pharmacy or drugstore chain in the US (and personally, I think the sales might be determined in individual stores or at least areas... or then again, maybe not).

The bars are also known as "Pure De-Lite".

krazzybird Sun, Oct-27-02 07:09

Judi -

Thanks for picking up those details I missed.... :)

HLFAN Sun, Oct-27-02 18:43

Pure Delite

I also like these but at 2.49 a bar CDN (plus tax) at GNC, too much. I like Ross's much better. I order a few boxes which I split with my boss at work. They were delivered to my door in 2 days.
Outstanding and much cheaper that way.

I think Ross's are made in BC. Don't know if they are available in USA.

nancy :wave:

Deirdre Mon, Oct-28-02 04:51

Ross's are Pure De-Lite, same thing, different label. They are available in a few stores in the Toronto area, and online - usually cheaper than 2.49. I think www.torontodirect.com lists them in US prices now but if you email them they will give you Canadian prices, around $1.50 Can. My problem is if I order a bunch, I eat them too quickly!

Dolciani Mon, Oct-28-02 09:42

I just picked up a box of Pure De-lite dark chocolate for 96 cents a bar at Walmart yesterday. I've already duly stowed those babies away in the back of the fridge (after having one last night, of course). :D

yossi Thu, Oct-31-02 19:46

I just got back from wal-mart, they have the de-lite, and carbolite choclate bars for .94 cents each! i bought a few cases. i dontknow if these are national prices, but you should definitely check out your local wal-mart!

krazzybird Fri, Nov-01-02 05:49

Dolciani and Yossi -

Thanks for the tip about walmart... will have to check that out! Can't beat the price! But I am trying to stay away from the bars... :( , the hidden carbs tend to leave me wanting more!

yossi Fri, Nov-01-02 09:57

knew it was too good to be true..

last nite i had two bars, supposedly 0 grams of "effective" carbs, and within 45 minutes i felt all the affects of my high carb lifestyle coming back,, the biggest being that i had a restless night of sleep and woke up feelin a total lack of energy,, oh well, i knew these snacks were too good to be true!

krazzybird Fri, Nov-01-02 13:20

Yossi -

You are not alone with how those "low carb" bars make you feel... same here, and my muchies increase 10 fold! Once I start eating a bar I have the hardest time putting it down....and then I want more! But I have found having a touch of chocolate does help when TOM is here..... so guess I'll put them aside for now.... :)

mamakim1 Sun, Nov-03-02 13:04

WalMart also has the Atkins Endulge Caramel Nut chew bars for a great price- 97 cents i think. They are usually $1.50 at least. They are great and i haven't noticed any decrease in my rate of weight loss and they don't put me out of ketosis. Just FYI - Kim :wave:

Catmom Thu, Nov-07-02 16:43

If you are in the Northeast US and have a Stop and Shop near you they have buy one get one free on the Carbolite bars this week - That brings the price down to $0.70!!!! I bought a couple of boxes - but I am happy with just a small piece most of the time. Just enough for the taste.

yossi Thu, Nov-07-02 22:51

even cheaper

I was just at walmart and they had a major clearance of the de-lite bars, only 40 cents each!! I bought 30 cases, and started selling some on ebay, makin big profits, dont think i could eat all those on my own!