Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New girl on th eblock needs support (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=6746)

Beginner Sat, Jun-23-01 15:23

New girl on th eblock needs support

I am new to this and have done my reading. I have had some vegetables with dinner less than 2 cups of salad or mushrooms, spinach etc. I also have had cheese and some nuts. I know that you are suppose to hold off on th nuts in induction phase but I have been below 20 carbs. I am a little skeptical if this will work. I feel better and my stomach is flatter. i weigh 145 and would like to ultimately be 125. I am only 5'4". I have not weighed myself an won't until my doctor appointment which is July 3. Does the amount you lose in induction depend on the amount you have to lose? Any support would be greatly appreciated!!:confused:

tamarian Sat, Jun-23-01 15:37

Hi Bigenner, welcome aboard.

Why are you skeptical? Have you read any low-carb book? If not, make sure you borrow a copy and read. It should make you comfortable, and put your mind at easy. Browse some of our articles from the menu above (Tips and Studies).

Wa'il

fern2340 Sat, Jun-23-01 16:08

Welcome beginner!!! Glad you found us. Lots of information can be found here about almost anything you want to know. Good luck!

r.mines Sat, Jun-23-01 23:34

Hi, Beginner!

Quote:
Originally posted by Beginner
Does the amount you lose in induction depend on the amount you have to lose? Any support would be greatly appreciated!!:confused:

The amount you lose on induction depends on a number of things; no two bodies are alike!
-your age (young people tend to lose faster)
-your gender (males tend to lose faster)
-whether or not you've dieted a lot in the past (non-dieters tend to lose faster)
-how much you have to lose (people with more to lose tend to lose faster)

Some people lose 10 pounds on induction; others lose one or two. The trick is to be patient; this is one diet you'll feel good on, and you won't be hungry. It's not like low-cal, where every day is painful! So if it takes a bit longer, just hang in there; you'll see results if you do!

Rachel

Karen Sun, Jun-24-01 02:33

Hello beginner,

Welcome to the board!

It's great that you feel good. That is one of the amazing benefits to this way-of-eating.

Rachel said everything I was going to say except that this is not a diet. It's a lifelong way of eating. The great thing is - as Rachel pointed out - is that you never have to go hungry. So, it's not restricitve...it's life-enhancing.

Karen

numberonewendy Sun, Jun-24-01 06:47

Well said everyone...hehehe...all has been said.

Beginner I replied to you in the journal. Reading the book is a very important step.

debbiedobson Sun, Jun-24-01 07:39

welcome beginner!:D no need to be sceptical! this really works! the great thing is you lose weight, feel terrific and get to eat wonderful food!

danume Tue, Jun-26-01 16:39

I am a believer.....I have been doing so well and yes the book and all of the support sites are great. I have been working on some of the bread recipes for when I will start playing them into my daily carb counts......think I will add another week onto my induction. :D I will share with you how the experiments work out :)

gailb Tue, Jun-26-01 22:57

Welcome Beginner.
All the others have given you great advice. Good luck and keep us posted!

Gail