Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HELLOOOOO! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=6613)

debbiedobson Fri, Jun-15-01 19:25

HELLOOOOO!

HELLOOOO!! ANYBODY OUT THERE!!!!;) hey wa'il this is like wishcraft! we wish for something and we get it! hmmm 6/49 is $12, 000,000.00 tomorrow. i wish.......:D i just wanted to be the first person to post in a forum! hehehehee! no, really i think that this is a great forum and a great idea! thank-you wa'il

tamarian Fri, Jun-15-01 19:55

You're welcome Debbie, and good luck with the tickit ;)

If this forum doesn't get busy, we might tuck it under "Products."

Wa'il

RedAngel Sun, Jun-17-01 11:07

LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!! LOOK LOOK!!!!

busy, busy, busy...there, it's busy, see?? :)

-RedAngel

IslandGirl Tue, Jun-19-01 01:44

hmmmmmmm

Does *trade* include *barter*?

Very interesting idea, Wa'il.

r.mines Tue, Jun-19-01 08:57

Our first customer!!!

I have most of a case of Atkins bars I bought about 6 months ago. I presume they last forever, so the age shouldn't matter (obviously I can't open them all to check, but the last one I opened was fresh!). Chocolate coconut. I bought them for emergencies, but I don't like them (too sweet), and so far the emergency hasn't arisen. Will sell (cheap) or swap. Anyone interested?

I think I'm coming around to the idea of getting a breadmaker, too, so I can try out some of the LC bread recipies. Does anyone have one they want to get rid of?

I'm in Vancouver, Canada.

Rachel

tamarian Tue, Jun-19-01 10:30

Re: hmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandGirl
Does *trade* include *barter*?

Very interesting idea, Wa'il.

Wasn't my idea ;) but I like it. Yep, that's the idea, exchanging things, so I guess it's bartering :)

Wa'il

Sarlye Tue, Jun-19-01 21:23

What to do with pre- lo carb food?

I guess I might be off topic here.

I am a total 'Newbie'. Any suggestions for the pkgs of opened pasta, rice, etc.(i.e. I still have 15kg from 20kg of rice left)? :confused: I donated all the unopened pkgs to the food bank but I don't want to throw the opened stuff away.

Where do you find pork rinds in Vancouver? :confused:

Thanks for your help!

tamarian Tue, Jun-19-01 21:32

Re: What to do with pre- lo carb food?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarlye
Where do you find pork rinds in Vancouver? :confused:

Chinatown, Superstore and some safeways :)

Wa'il

doreen T Tue, Jun-19-01 21:42

hi Sarlye, not off-topic at all

I know that Food Banks have a legal and social requirement that donated food be in sealed packaging ... except for eggs and some fresh foods which are donated via contracted agreement.

Try the Salvation Army or local youth/street shelters. They welcome donations of food. Also Women's shelters. I volunteered for a local Folk Music festival for a couple years running ... all of our leftover fresh food was welcomed by the Youth Street shelter and soup kitchen.

I gave all my cereals and bulk whole grains to the local women's shelter... plus that is where I have been giving my too-large clothing. (freshly laundered, of course) .. many of these women leave horrid circumstance, so any and all donations are welcome ... I swear, even underwear and sleepwear ... these women and their children literally leave with just the shirt on their backs.

Take care, and welcome to you .. :)

Doreen

Sarlye Tue, Jun-19-01 21:59

Thanks for the tips!

IslandGirl Wed, Jun-20-01 16:51

rachel, straight trade for.....

some LC Tortillas (for your freezer for later) if you want?

Chocolate Coconut is about the only Atkins Bar flavour I think tastes even passable, though they *are* incredibly sweet. I will do a half-bar for emergency breakfasts sometimes...

If you're interested, PM me with the number of bars you've got (8? 10? 12?) and I'll offer up the appropriate number of tortilla packages based on the local retail price. Howzat?

I'll be in Vancouver next week.... as ya know.

r.mines Thu, Jun-21-01 09:05

Sounds great, Judi!!!

I have to rush off now, so I'll do the calculations later. I think I have about 10 bars left. See ya next week (talk to you before then!).

Rachel