Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [CKD] Weekend review and more (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=65994)

realdeal Tue, Oct-15-02 05:58

Weekend review and more

I have survived the Friday night super heheheh, there was so much pasta, rice and patatos on the table my friends where after me come on eat eat well i just didnt gave in.

Started my carb up on Saturday morning 11 am with good foods, and this didnt last long hehehehe ok bring on the junk, this lasted til Sunday night at around 11 pm when we stopped at Dunkin Donuts for some yummies and Coffee of course hehhehee.

Starting my 4 week on the ketogenic diet i can say that you really got to give the diet time to work, and yes your body can change, not only physically but they way it thinks and uses energy.

A month ago before CKD i could really eat a big breakfast, well Sunday morning we went for breakfast with some friends.

I said hey its weekend and i can let myself go, 2 eggs, 2 slices of smoke meat, 2 ham, bacon, 2 pieces of toast, 2 waffles, 2 sausages and thats about it, this is called the BIG BREAKIE and it cost 10$ you can imagine why.

So i start pataoes came in real nice, then eggs, bacon and after that what i have to force feed myself, i barely ate my smoke meat and drank 2 cups of black coffee.

I never take my thermogenic fat burning stack on weekends, ?? why was i not hungy, well i think that the diet is getting its effect in, they did say that you would feel less hungry right , well i can tell you that for me its really true.

I felt pertty much like this the whole weekend, i ate but not has much has i did.

On Monday weight add gone back up to 200 pounds, my gut and lovehandles did get bigger and my pants are still loose so its very good.

Got tricked into the hidden carbs , yagggg, my girlfriend has a recipie on ThinForLife and its all you can eat, popsicles.

I can give it to you guys, they taste great and if you dont kick out of ketosis with diet sodas i guess this could give you a good treat for the long low carb week.

2 Cups of Hot water, 2 Cups of Cold water, one pack of crystal light and in pack of low fat Jello, (16g of carbs and sugar) wish i didnt notice at first but then after checking the label Yaggggggg.

I will have to see if this has affected my decent into ketosis.

After training last week end doing the 33 sets workout i was able to reach deep purple ketosis the day after, so i have decided to change my training and put in an extra day for carb up.

I cheated hard last Tuesday , on candys and all and on Theursday i was back in ketosis.

I have decided to train like this today, i could not train yesterday and this moring i came to work a bit late to do an whole 1:30 workout, so after reading what TrainerDan put Fern true i said hey why not give this a try, I know that she trained in the morning and evening, wish makes perfect sens when your goal is to get into ketosis has fast has you can.

Next i remember in Lyle 20 week Diary wish he posted on the net that one guy e mailed him telling him that he gets into ketosis really fast doing a 20 sets chest workout.

Ok so i decided since i didnt have enought time this moring to do all my training i would come back at noon.

I did 21 sets for chest, Why cant my chest always be pumped like that Lol

10 sets of Machine Bench Press
5 sets of incline Bench
3 sets of incline Fyes
3 sets of flat Flyes

I dont use heavy poundage and i slow my tempo down a bit doing like a 2 second up and 2 second down rep.

At noon i am gonna go back and train delts and triceps, i dont really know what i will do but i am gonna try to add another 15 sets total: wish will have give me 37 sets for today.

Tomorrow its gonna be Back, Legs and biceps.

Now depending on how i feel i might train similar has today, Back and biceps in the moring and Legs at noon.

By training with medium weights i can stay injury free, front deltoid is very easy to injure and this will keep you out for a while.

:roll: this type of training can be very boring and looks a lot like going true the motions but if it speeds entry into ketosis then be it.

I will also try to add some Cardio this week a bit more, even if its a evening walk.

ANother thing i would like to touch and its a bit gross, its the blow movement.

I didnt have one i the first 2 weeks ( didnt really use any fiber supplements either), but now since week3 i have been regular.

So when they say that you dont go has often well might be right in the fist few weeks but after its ok.

realdeal Tue, Oct-15-02 06:20

about the Friday depletation workout

I think that your Friday workout shouldnt be rush in either, and you shouldnt jump from one exercice to the other well not to the point of pant pant pant puffing.

By training with high reps taking a minute between each exercice you can catch your breath.

I have read on BodyOpus that rushing true the Fiday workout will only get one to burn lactic acid and thats not the purpose of this workout.

I usually choose around 5 exercices

machine bench press
leg press
lat pulldown
lateral raise
triceps pressdown
bb curls

and thats it , i try to do around 5 loops at 20 reps each, this can take me around 1 hour wish i think is quit enought.

Has Lyle said how much glycogen can there be left after 3-4 days in ketosis?