Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Let Me Start Over Here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=61447)

suze_c Mon, Sep-16-02 17:29

Let Me Start Over Here

I want to reintroduce myself,as my 1st post was a bit whiny, ok A LOT whiny :p I'm not new to the LC way,but it's been awhile. I'd like to lose most of me,I weighed in at the dr. at 315#.
I know it's going to take awhile,& be work too,but I'm taking the 1st step on my journey. I'm a stay-at-home mom,with our son who is 22 yrs.old(he has CP) & our baby :baby: who is 11 mo. old .I've a wonderful hubby :rheart: ,even if he does buy junk food! I located a pic that I can bear looking at,so ya get an idea of how I look now,that way ya can see the changes :agree: Hope to hear from y'all & I'll get on here often as I can!

greentea Mon, Sep-16-02 22:19

Hi Suzec,
Didn't see your first post but we all get whiney once in awhile ;)
Welcome and I'm sure you'll have plenty of company on this forum :spin:
Kinda wish I were a stay at home mom again :)
I'm around to talk too when ever ya feel like it :D
greentea :wave:

LittleAnne Tue, Sep-17-02 02:08

Welcome

Hi Suze

Welcome to this forum. I am sure that you will find the advice, support and motivation to loose those unwanted pounds. I know that I have found this site a great help.

I would recommend that you start a journal. It is a great way to chart your progress and a place to vent when things do not go as well as you want. To find out about starting a journal see the sticky at the top of this forum. I find mine a great motivator and I have met some nice people who have come to visit.

Have you taken your measurements as well. As you go down the weightloss path sometimes the scales do not go down, but you loose inches in your body. Another way to motivate yourself.

Look forward to hearing about your progress.

suze_c Tue, Sep-17-02 17:26

Thx for the support~

Anne, I have done this weight loss I don't know how many times now, and always seem to hit curves,bumps and detours. Now that I am older, and at my heaviest, it is MAJORLY affecting every area of my life. When I start, I keep a food log, and a measurement log, & I may try a journal,but I am not the world's best journal keeper. I tracked my measurements and food this past Jan.'02, and in a month's time I had gained 7#, but lost 35 inches during that time! I went totally backwards then,because my grama had an accident in the nursing home,which led to her dying,...she was more like my mom than my mom... it hit me really hard. Emotional eating is something I need to learn to deal with... but I am getting off on another tangent here... thx to you, and to all the rest for the support... it IS APPRECIATED!!!!!