Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Sad newbie, looking for a buddy (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=57491)

BlueChip Fri, Aug-23-02 12:13

Sad newbie, looking for a buddy

Hello :wave:

I sure could use a buddy...I'm 27, have been on Atkins for almost 4 weeks now. I've lost a little but not enough to my liking.

Would anyone want to be my buddy?

greentea Fri, Aug-23-02 12:21

Hi Bluechip

Bluechip,
Cheer up :p , you'll reach your goal :exclm:
I'm not on Atkins but go through the same grief as
everyone else :rolleyes:
I'm here if you want to chat :p
greentea :wave:

BlueChip Mon, Aug-26-02 12:23

Hi Greentea :wave:

Another week gone by. I'm down to 145. I'm so scared to not loose the other 5 that I need. I've moved into the Ongoing Weigh Loss of Atkins. This phase seems more promising. I can eat some fruit!!! I've also accepted the fact that if you cheat, it will not be the end of the world. For myself, I know that indulging once a week is better than restraining myself all the time. If not, I'll just get sick of the diet and quit and I don't want that. I've noticed the few pounds I've shed. Some clothes are looser than they were :thup:

I did exercise both Saturday and Sunday. I only did 20 mins of treamill on Sat. but did 45 yesterday. I was quite proud of myself. I figured 45 mins X 4-5 times a week will be good for me.

How are things with you?

greentea Mon, Aug-26-02 21:47

You're doing GREAT

Hi bluechip :wave:
Good to hear from you and that you're doing so well! :thup:
You're almost to your goal that must be a great feeling :roll:
I like that you don't stress over indulging once in awhile. I try
not to get to fanatical :rolleyes:
Isn't it the best feeling when your clothes tell you you're losing!
I like to feel it in the clothes more than see it on the scale. I don't weigh to often but did today at work and found I lost another 2 lbs. :D
Don't worry about that last 5 lbs. :( it'll come off, especially if you keep up all that exercise and drink plenty of water :p
Let me know how you're doing.
greentea :wave:

ReadyforLC Thu, Aug-29-02 14:48

Hey Sad

This is me again. I saw your sad post and had to reply.

I can't believe you are worried about the last 5 lbs. You have done fine so far. I hate the lack of sugar part too that's why I'm always thiking about when I'm going to cheat. I ran across the LC candy bar things at Wlamart and bought a box. They have 14 gm so they are not real low but I have eatec them one a day since I got it. It has helped me stop thinking about dessert. They aren't great but they are OK. ALso I expect to get rid of my sugar cravings at some point in this new way of life. Not sure how but that's my plan. So anyway, my point was that you can concoct some LC desserts and satisfy your sugar crave. I havn't tried any recipes yet but there sure are a bunch. Plenty of sweet ones too. Use that splenda or there's another sweet liquid I think.

I'm going to be out of town for the weekend so I probably wont reply for a few.

Talk to ya later.
Margaret