Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I have a cold and crave comfort foods!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=57385)

gemini23nj Thu, Aug-22-02 16:22

I have a cold and crave comfort foods!!

Hello everyone!

I am almost two weeks into the induction phase,and think I have been doing very well! My scale is wacko.. during this time I have technically gained a pound or two.. but I have lost several inches. ( I don't have to lay on the bed to button my jeans) ha, ha! Well I need some advice. I woke up today with a fever and a slight sore throat, really feeling like crap. I could hardly drink my water today, or eat. The thought of meat, eggs salad.. just aren't working for me. I am craving comfort foods, but am trying to be sooooo good. Any helpful hints on something I can eat that won't completely screw up my diet??? Thanks!!

gemini23nj

agonycat Thu, Aug-22-02 16:37

Just what type of comfort foods are you refering to?

My attitude when sick is eat, regardless if it is low carb or not. When sick we tend to not want to eat which does more damage than eating a high carb item.

When you feel better go back to low carb. In the meantime I hope you get to feeling better. And no, you do not need to repeat induction once you get well. Just drop down to 20 to 25 carbs a day for a few days to get back into ketosis.

Kayceecan Thu, Aug-22-02 16:41

:wave: Hi

Sorry you're not feeling well! How about some nice chicken or beef broth....Or cauliflower or broccoli cream soup (made with cream) you could puree it so it goes down easy.....you can throw in some chicken meat if you're up to it.....You could make some cheese crispies if you want some crunch....Or, like Agonycat says...just eat something, anything to keep up your strength....Hope you feel better soon! Get lots of rest.... K.C.

gemini23nj Thu, Aug-22-02 18:20

Thanks guys! I decided on some cream soup. I feel less guilty now!

Kayceecan Thu, Aug-22-02 18:37

1 Attachment(s)
Good for you!........Feel Better! :D

Gatchagirl Fri, Aug-23-02 00:14

A Cold? Or detoxifying?

Perhaps this little cold was your body trying to adjust to this new WOE... Perhaps you could put off "cheating" unless it turns into a real "lay in bed" kind of thing where you are sure it's a virus or something?

Janiceb Fri, Aug-23-02 12:19

Gemini, comfort food to me is a chocolate milkshake. When I was a kid everytime I was sick my mommy made me a chocolate milkshake to make me feel better. I have a much better solution now. When I crave or am sick and just don't feel like cooking I make myself a protein shake. I prefer chocolate but there are many variations. Use 1/4 c heavy cream, 2/3 cup water, protein powder, touch sweetner, 1T cream cheese, dash of vanilla and whatever else turns your crank. You can even add some vitamins(in powder form of course). Enjoy! Hope you feel better soon.