Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Top 10 Ways I know I'm Shrinking (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=55801)

VirginiaOR Tue, Aug-13-02 11:30

Top 10 Ways I know I'm Shrinking

Ten Ways I Know I'm Shrinking
(no matter what the scale says!)
=============================

1. When I rest my chin on my hand, I can feel my jawbone through my flesh.
2. My stomach is starting to support itself.
3. I no longer have to be a contortionist to hook my bra behind my back.
4. When I have a choice, I sit in unpadded chairs because I like that my rear end can feel the hard surface beneath me for a change.
5. The stick changes color.
6. My sunglasses don't leave dents in my temples.
7. When I lie on my side, the fat that rests next to me doesn't take up as much room as it used to.
8. Are those my collarbones in the mirror, or are my shoulders glad to see me?
9. My elbows clear my hips when I swing my arms while walking.

and the number one way I know I'm shrinking no matter what the scale says is...

10. The Pants-O-Meter!!!

Number 11, anyone?

Virginia in Oregon.

havanah Tue, Aug-13-02 11:41

hmmm that makes me a lil sad... all those apply to me... but i still can't fit into my pants... that is odd i guess

VirginiaOR Tue, Aug-13-02 11:51

9 out of 10 ain't bad

Whether the pants are loose or not, you are on the right track.

havanah Tue, Aug-13-02 12:02

don't get me wrong... i have always been able to do the 9 out of the 10... of course just 6 years ago i was only 135 pounds... so i had the 10 out of 10... i am sort of a strange fat person... my hubby weighs 150 on a 6 foot frame and i can wear his belts... it just doesn't make sense to me hehe

nrgerard Tue, Aug-13-02 14:06

LOL

That was a really fun post to read! Thanks for sharing!

I personally lose it in my pant area last. I have a tendency to lose around my bustline and "backfat" first (unfortunately not in my size D cup though-my aching back!).
Anyway-everyone loses different, and I feel sometimes the weight even shifts to different parts of your body.
Thanks again!

vendala Tue, Aug-13-02 15:48

i've always been a bit soft in the middle. last place i can see weight or fat loss. i tend to lose from the extremities in. i haven't lost as much as i expected to after reading three books on the subject, but i guess i've got a lot more back fat than i thought.
grin. :D
vendala

Fumih_81 Tue, Aug-13-02 23:59

Somehow i will feel ticklish down my back area to the waist.....and i see the concave curve down to my butt. and i wished my loose clothings will be tighter to reflect it.

meanwhile the front look of me still looks 'big n wide'....my arms are still looking big but i do feel the fat slowly slowly melting off.

and my scales arent moving....sometimes even to move towards the unexpected......

but i have people repeating the same phrase "Hey you look thinner now" whenever i meet them...

slow n steady.