Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Induction Treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48834)

Maya Wed, Jun-26-02 15:46

Induction Treats

Wow all these treats sound sooooo YUM. I dont which ones if any are allowed during induction. I really would like something sweet.................. :roll:

chbbybnny Wed, Jun-26-02 18:38

Honestly Maya, it is probably best to avoid sweets all together the first few ( or however long you are planning on doing induction for) weeks because although the carbs are allowable and still under the 20 recommended, just tasting sweets can cause cravings. It just brings back so many memories of those sweet staples we all once enjoyed. Introduce them slowly, and in very small quantities.

Rosebud Wed, Jun-26-02 18:48

Hi Maya,

I have to agree with Chubby Bunny (what a cute name! :D ) that you are best to avoid the sweet things for the moment.

Once you have completed Induction, you can have them occasionally, but you'll probably find you no longer care so much.

Are you taking any supplements? I found chromium and L-Glutamine of enormous help in abolishing sweet cravings.

All the best to you, Maya.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

ssibtain Wed, Nov-05-03 02:11

Even the low carb sweets can sometimes stall weight loss in some people. Do whatever works best for you.

Lauri Wed, Nov-05-03 09:01

I Am Sticking With Induction For A Few Months. I Waited For The Treats Til After The First 4 Weeks And Even Now They Tend To Stall Me A Bit.

anniekid Wed, Nov-05-03 12:35

stick with none

I agree with all of the above. When I first started LC ing, I snacked on the Delite chocolate, and it did nothing but work against me. I posted a thread begging to find out why I couldn't lose weight, and someone told me to cut out the bars. Even though the carb content in them shows within your range, they are a good staller. As soon as I went off them My weight dropped drastically. So, stick it out, if you can. If you absolutely have to have something sweet, go for some cool whip, dude. It does the trick to calm the crave, and if you get the right kind, its basically a freebie!

Good Luck!

dmjd2 Sun, Nov-09-03 09:09

i just figured out yesterday that the bars stalled me also. i'm leaving them alone. i have a lot to lose and plan on staying on induction for a while.

bikerbuddy Sun, Nov-09-03 13:25

Do the Carb Control Shakes stall too?

I've been having the AES Carb Control shakes about 2-3 a week and wondering if anyone is drinking these and if you are stalled? The label says 2g of carb and when I plug it into fitday, it seems ok?
Any comments?

LCAndy Sun, Nov-09-03 18:51

I just had one to day oops i hope it doesnt ruin my diet........ :( This diet can be hard sometimes.

grace30 Mon, Nov-10-03 12:20

I thought I was the only one to do that with Cool Whip! My worst time of day is after lunch til mid afternoon. I don't ever have cravings, but for some reason, after lunch I often still want to keep on chewing. Occasionally, I'll have a few spoonfuls of Cool Whip, eaten very slowly, and suddenly I am FULL to the point of not wanting anything at all anymore. It's a good trick.

Lauri Sat, Nov-15-03 08:27

I love the Atkins ice cream bars and they don't seem to stall me. I stick with the bars as if I bought the ice cream I think I would eat more than 1 serving. Fav is the peanut butter bars with dark chocolate coating. YUMMY!!!!

Serrecko25 Sat, Nov-15-03 12:09

Cool Whip is okay?

You're kidding right? This for folks on induction?

Max

shortstuff Sat, Nov-15-03 14:55

Actually you should duck the cool whip and make your own whipped cream out of heavy cream or whipping cream. Only takes a few minutes and you don't have all of the added crap that's in cool whip. You can sweeten it by adding splenda or when you're out of induction you can add a little powdered cocoa.

In induction you should try to avoid all sweets completely. The idea is to get past the addictions and the cravings during induction.

shortstuff