Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Diet Crush / C-plus In Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47186)

moses Mon, Jun-10-02 17:27

Diet Crush / C-plus In Canada

Anyone know where i can find these diet softdrinks in canada, specifically vancouver area?

I've heard they use sucralose instead of aspartame for sweetening but after visiting superstore, safeway, an iga, no luck.

Ive yet to hit save ons, and a few others and my calls to cadbury canada have not been returned.

Anyone know where i can find these drinks?

Deirdre Mon, Jun-10-02 21:05

I'm not sure about BC, but here in Ontario they're in almost every grocery store. They only come in 12 packs of cans though, no bottles. Orange Crush, Cream Soda Crush are the ones that are made with Splenda.

moses Thu, Jun-13-02 17:30

WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

I just called the Crush and Cplus Western Canada Reps (from Cadbury Beverages Canada)

There are no diet versions available in Western Canada and there are no plans to do so.

=(

But it seems like my body likes to stay in ketosis even with an onslaught of aspartame so I guess it will hafto do for now =P

IslandGirl Thu, Jun-13-02 18:12

Hey, Moses, if you'd post the 800 number (I hope they have one?) or any phone number of email address where we can "ask" them to start thinking about us Westerners... well, we can all bug them :devil: !

Bonnie Thu, Jun-13-02 18:36

RE: Diet Orange Crush

I too am cranky about this item... :mad: I was able to obtain it at my local Supermarket in the 2 litre bottle... much to my chagrin after returning home this spring, found that it had been discontinued as the excuse was that it wasn't in demand... :confused: please post that 1-800-number and I will place a call too :agree:

Bonnie

Janice Thu, Jun-13-02 18:54

What really gets me ....

Is that while you can get Schwepps Diet Tonic Water in BC, it is not available in Alberta.

What gives?

Janice

ykmaggie Mon, Oct-21-02 09:58

Hi

When I asked my local supermarket to look into getting diet tonic, he looked, and then told me it doesn't exist. Obviously it does, from what I'm reading here.

Could you tell me where in B.C I can get it? Then I'll pass the info on to the store here.

Thanks!

Maggie

tlawson Mon, Oct-21-02 12:45

I too would be interested in the 800 number. I know that diet C Plus and I think it's Hires Root Beer and a few others used to be available in Canada (however, this was a few years ago). They were sweetened with Splenda - I remember they were the first to do so. However, they are no longer available. When they were, I wasn't that interested. Now that they're not available here, I would REALLY like to get some - go figure :D

IslandGirl Tue, Oct-22-02 16:05

Local bottling plants and distributors usually have the license and supply the stores. Try the old-fashioned yellow pages under Bottling Plant, maybe?

It's Schweppes, I think, that still makes/licenses the Diet Tonic Water, though I've only found it retail in a very few places (local grocery chain called Western Foods, for instance), and possibly the Real Canadian Superstore (Loblaws's out East).

You from the Yukon, Maggie?! I used to live in Whitehorse, about a century ago :lol:

ykmaggie Tue, Oct-22-02 23:04

Hi

Yup, I'm from the Yukon. So you used to live in Whitehorse? Interesting. Sounds like you live on the island now. I love Victoria.

Maybe I'll try walmart or the superstore and see if they can bring it in. I called the local distributor here and they said they can't get it, but I will try the superstore.

Thanks!

Maggie