Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Why do I feel so sick???? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=46223)

alice 2002 Fri, May-31-02 19:59

Why do I feel so sick????

Today, I went shopping, and bought some cold cuts and some sausages, a duck, some lamb chops, cheese and pork rinds. Thinking these items would work well in the diet.

I ate some pork rinds on the way home, bought plain, not flavor added ;) Are flavored ones okay? This shopping was done after breakfast., eating the rinds around 11.am.

Any way I tried to eat some cold cuts, for lunch, both my husband and I ate some.... he really liked them, I felt sick :Puke: after one bite.

The rest of the day, I couldn't even look at food, and my IBS started acting up. :cry:

Is all these strange happenings due to my body getting rid of toxins? :skull:

I feel full, and I am drinking lots of water....does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to have to go off Atkins before I really get started. :nono:

Please..please help!!
:help:

Bloom Fri, May-31-02 20:30

Hi Alice, I dont see you mention eating vegetables and wonder if you are.
If it was me and all i ate was meaty things with no salad or vegies I would feel pretty well yuck too. Kind of nauseous?
Its not No carbs remember you get to eat 3 cups a day :D

Hope this helps :wave:

Spring Fri, May-31-02 20:37

Are you used

to eating pork rinds? It seems like to me that when I eat pork rinds they tend to "blow up" in my stomach or stick halfway down. I can eat them, but I have to have something to drink with them and eat them slowly or I get the "blow up" and feel kinda sick. It's just a thought, but they sure do that to me.

Lisa N Sat, Jun-01-02 06:24

If a food makes you feel ill, don't eat it. :) It could be the high sodium content of the pork rinds or the nitrates/nitrites from the cold cuts. Bloom is right...you need to add 3 cups of low carb veggies every day on induction, either salad with dressing (not low fat or low cal) or a combination of salad and some other veggie.

alice 2002 Sat, Jun-01-02 15:56

Too little too much too fast

:tears: Thank you all for your wonderful advise.

I probably ate too many pork rinds too fast (bad habit) and I am not used to them.... they just tasted so good and junk foody. :(

And yes.... I am not a veggie fan...I enjoy fruit more, and so I tend to forget to add veggies to my meals, :rolleyes: I am very bad that way.

So, not only do I have to learn to eat the Atkins way, but a more greener way. Eat those Veggies my mother used to tell me as a kid. Well now I am going to, SO there!!!!

If those cold cuts continue to bother me, I am going to conclude that it is the nitrates...and let my husband eat them all, since they don't bother him.

Thank you again for your help. You fabulouse people you!!! :wave:

Marlaine Sat, Jun-01-02 20:20

Hi Alice.....

That sick feeling could be part of the adjustment your body is making to the new way of eating. When I began, I had a few days where I didn't do much but lie on the couch and feel miserable. Hopefully, this too shall pass for you.

Marlaine

Pat S. Sat, Jun-01-02 21:47

Hello Alice

I can really sympathize with you I am about at the same place :(
I am in the middle of the carb withdrawl a little sick to my stomach, tired, headache, losing appetite I know it will pass. I have had it before but I remember the first time I gave up on the diet because I didn't think I could do this but I can. I hope you can stick with it. I don't know why I ever stopped it last time to many carbs with my name on them I guess. :daze: